Chapter 39

Janus pushed away the bushes and gasped at the view before him.

In the trees were houses with web ladders and bridges to get to each one,it was like a city in the trees.

Virgil looked around in amazement"it's beautiful!"Patton exclaimed,the adominiums gasped.

"We're home...Dillan we're home!"Lydia cheered with the other adominiums,some went spider and danced around repeating"we're finally home!"

Patton squeaked and hid behind Janus,Janus smiled and put a hand around his partner.

Virgil smiled happily"we did it!"Zavia grabbed his hand as Virgil went spider"c'mon Virgil!"she lead him to the group and danced around with him.

Virgil was clumsy and almost fell over many times,he soon got tired and went back to normal before walking back to Roman"they're back home,Roman,and they look so happy!"

Roman felt a twinge if sadness but...what about us?are you leaving for them?he wanted to yell out but bit his tongue"and I'm happy for them too."

~~~~~

The adominiums calmed down and Lydia turned to the sides"heroes,you saved us from the sins.what can we ever do to repay you?"

Janus smiled softly"nothing at all,we were only doing what was right."Remus and Roman smiled at eachother,they were both heroes!

"But we insist we reward you!"Dillan said eagerly"how about food?everyone likes food!"Kade suggested making Patton's heart melt"a feast!that would be perfect!"another adominium said.

~~~~~~

Next thing the sides knew they were clinging to the backs of adominiums as they climbed up the trees,Remus whooed and cackled"faster,go faster!"

Virgil was being taught by Zavia while Jupiter helped Kade climb,Roman near by on Dillan's back.

~~~~~~

The sides entered a giant house with a long table"this is the food all the important feasts were held."Lydia informed as adominiums tried to clean the dust forming on it.

Once they were done Jupiter spoke"we always go hunting right before so the food is fresh,of course you probably need to cook your food don't you?"

Virgil chuckled awkwardly"we don't really...eat."Jupiter smacked her palm on her hand"oh yeah,because you're sides right?"

Roman nodded"I mean,we eat when Thomas eats but Thomas hasn't eaten so..."Roman stuttered out,Jupiter nodded"it's fine,one less mouth to feed!"

The adominiums then walked to the opening that was a exit and entrance"stay here while we hunt,ok?"

Virgil nodded"ok-"Zavia grabbed his arm"nope,you're coming with us.you'll be a good hunter!"Virgil looked back at the sides who just shrugged as the adominiums took him away.

~~~~~

Virgil swung from branch to branch before dropping down to the ground like Zavia"ok,now watch them."Zavia whispered pointing to two adominiums creeping up on a giant beetle the size of a Ferdabunnie.

The adominium on the left then threw a throwing knife at it making it screech before turning to run,the one on he left darted to the side and tackled it.

They barreled through the grass before the adominium bit it's neck with her fangs"wait,do we have venom?"Virgil asked.

Zavia shrugged"depends on the situation,I'll tell you later."Virgil nodded then watched as the adominiums wrapped it in a blanket and tied it up.

~~~~~

After doing the same thing about five times they headed back to the house,Virgil heard some movement in the trees and looked around.

Virgil growled then threw his throwing knife into the bushes to hear a screech of pain,Virgil and Zavia went to look.

They then found a big beetle with the knife in its head"Jesus.."Zavia said looking to Virgil"nice aim."Virgil smiled shyly"thanks."

The group then went to the others,Roman smiled"let's eat!"him and Remus said in sync.

~~~~~~

The sides were eating with Logan holding Remus's hand under the table,Roman and Virgil having some banter,Janus staring at his food suspiciously,and Patton playing with a Kade in Jupiter's lap.

They finished their food and sighed"we should get going now,it's been a long week."Janus said standing up"Dede,can't we stay the night?it's late!"Patton whined.

"Yeah!i don't think I could move a inch!"Remus pouted slouching in his seat,Janus groaned"fine,one night."Remus sat up and smiled"yes!"