Chapter 23

Lupa sighed and looked to a cave"hey we have visitors!"he barked into the darkness.

Two brown wolves with scars walked out the cave making Patton whimper softly"who are they and what do they want?"one asked.

"They want to see the prince guy with a bounty."Lupa supplied"are they hunters?"the other asked looking at Logan.

"I don't know,they don't seem like hunters.epically the small one."Virgil and Patton pointed to each other,Lupa sighed"the less small one."

"Oh so me?"Patton asked but Lupa ignored him"but one witnessed a Quiliser death so I don't exactly know,should we bring trial?"

The wolves looked to eachother"that is the king's decision,come in."the two wolves then lead them inside.

~~~~~

Inside was a giant den with houses carved into the rock,Logan awed at the craftsmanship.

Patton looked around"where is everyone?"Lupa looked back at Patton"personal reasons."

The brown wolves then lead them to a giant castle looking house"we shall get the king,stay here."Lupa sat down,the others had left their Ferdabunnies outside.

Logan looked the building up and down"how long did it take to make this?"Lupa shrugged"it's too old for me to know,probably a year at least."

Patton looked to Lupa"why aren't you in your human form?"Lupa lied down"some werewolves prefer being in their wolf form,others prefer human."

Virgil raised a eyebrow"you choose when to form?"Lupa nodded"but most the time we change to wolf at the full moon,if we prefer being a wolf then we get a boost."

Patton smiled"that's so cool!"Janus looked around and played with his glove before seeing the brown wolves again"the king has chosen a trial."

~~~~~~

The sides were lead into a cave lit up by torches with about five wolves sitting by the entrance on different sides,on a boulder sat a man with a twig crown.

"Logan what's going on?"Patton asked"trial."he answered,Patton looked over his shoulder"but I promised Zavia..."

The man spoke"welcome to the home of the wolves,speak your business."Janus stepped forward"what we want is simple:to get Roman back.he's with you,around my height and looks like a prince."

The man nodded"you're looking for the prince with the bounty,the sins told us bounty hunters were after him.if there wasn't then we would've eaten him by now."

"The sins are liars!"Patton blurted out"they used a adominium to house one of them,they captured a whole tribe!"the wolves sniffed them"and a adominium is with you,I presume?"

Virgil nodded"and I'd like you to stop sniffing me."the man sighed"I suppose you want to get this prince because..."

"He's our friend!"Patton said"he's stubborn as hell but he's needed by Thomas."Logan said"I second that!"Janus said"he's my big bro!"Remus said.

"I-I..."Virgil felt the words stuck in his throat"I guess I feel bad for him,for personal reasons."he mumbled it's so hard to say..

"You obviously aren't bounty hunters but you are hunters,you have ashes."Logan looked to the bottle"Logan didn't kill Nut,how many times must we say that!?"Janus said.

"How do we know that?"the man asked"can't you see he's mourning her?that's plenty of proof!"Patton said as Logan looked to the ground"proof you are liars."

The man sighed"put them in chambers till me and the jury make our decision."he ordered

~~~~~~~

Patton and Janus were thrown in a chamber with a thud"are you ok?"Janus asked sitting up.

"I'm fine,Janus.i just can't believe that they think we're lying."Janus nodded"me too,I know you want to help Zavia."

"But I also want to get Roman back,there's only so much time!the sins have to come back at some point."Janus sighed"you are right,we need to go back as well."

Patton stared at the rock poles that kept them in their cage with a metal door"can't you break us out?"

"I can only do magic so many times and I don't think they'd hand over Roman if we broke out."Patton sighed"I guess so..."

After some time Janus remembered saving Patton and him kissing his cheek"Patt,when you kissed my cheek...why did you do it?"

Patton blushed and drew in the dirt"I don't know exactly,I guess I've kinda grown attracted to you."he mumbled,Janus blushed"Patt-"

"This isn't the time to talk about it,let's talk about something else!"Patton blurted out but I don't want to talk about anything else...

~~~~~~~

Remus and Logan were thrown in as Logan groaned,he sat up and checked the bottle.

"The bottle's fine,they're practically indestructible."Remus said still on the ground,Logan looked to him"please tell me how and why this happened!"he pleaded.

Remus sat up"Quiliser's become ashes when someone kills them or they just die,they are worth lots of money here so it makes sense that they think we're hunters."Logan listened closely.

"What do you do with them besides selling?"Logan asked"you bury them,they say that if you bury them and it sprouts a flower the color of their marks then you've had a strong bond with the Quiliser.if you don't bury it you eat them for healing,which is mostly why they're sold."

Logan nodded"the cool thing about the flower is that it's almost always closed,when you walk up to it and ask to see the Quiliser it will show its ghost.if the ghost can't be reached it shows memories you had with the Quiliser."

Logan smiled widely"I can see Nut again!?"Remus smirked"yeah,sometimes."Logan hugged Remus who tensed"woah,where did that come from?"

"I just want to thank you for everything you did,without you nothing would've happened.i would be reading a book on the couch right now,not on a crazy adventure to save creativity!"Remus blushed"thanks,Logan."

Remus looked down at Logan suddenly,I don't really care about Janus.

~~~~~~

Virgil was thrown in a cage,he hissed at the wolves as they walked away"v-Virgil?"
(And cliffhanger,also,Nut will be thy GHOST!)