2-Lady

*jens pov*

"I'll see you around." I say to one of my students. "Ok, bye Ms.Lopez." He smiles and walks back to his friends. I walk over to Mr.Harrison, who's at his game stand, and continue helping him set it up.

The school fundraiser we have every year is like a little carnival downtown, so the kids come and buy tickets to raise money for the school. Parents can come too, and whoever wants to help out.

"It's a big crowd this year." Mr.Harrison says and sets some jars on the table. "Yeah, hopefully we can afford the new history text books." I say and stand up from tying the tent down. "Oh I'm sure." He smiles.

The day goes on, some students talk to me here and there, I also get the chance to speak to some parents.

I finish up the game stand with Mr.Harrison, now we're just standing with groups of people and other teachers.

"Jennifer there's someone I want you to meet." Mr.Harrison says and put his hand on my back. "Ok, sure." I nod and we walk over to the tables where you sign for a donation.

We stop by a group of people and I turn to Mr.Harrison, but he's gone. "Uhh..ok.." I say to myself and just stand around probably looking dumb as hell.

"You look lost.." I hear a husky voice say. I turn around quickly, and my eyes meet hers. She had long dark brown curly hair, she had really nice full lips and her eyes were brown with this intimidating yet sexy look.

"Uh-no, I was just waiting for someone." I say. "Your boyfriend?" She asks. "Yeah right." I force a laugh. "What brings you here?" She asks.

"I work at the school, I teach English." I nod. "Ah, a teacher, I can see that." She says and eyes me down. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask. "Here she is!" Mr.Harrison shows up with a man beside him, a very good looking man I might mention. The lady kind of moves aside, and Mr.Harrison introduces me.

"Ben, this is Jennifer, Jennifer, Ben." He says. "Hi, it's nice to meet you." He smiles and shakes my hand. "You too." I smile back. "Ben here is the lead sponsor for our school." Mr.Harrison says. "Oh really?" I tilt my head. "Yeah, I just like to help out." He nods. "Well the students and I appreciate that, it means a lot." I smile.

We continue talking, and I realize the lady isn't around. "I'd love to talk to you again, do you mind giving me your number?" Ben asks. I thought about it for a second. "I-...ok, sure." I shrug, he hands me his phone and I put my number in. I decided to give it to him since I knew that nothing would happen with us, so I thought we could just be friends, and hopefully he doesn't want anything more than that.

"I'll call you sometime." He says and smiles. "Ok, bye." I smile and he walks away. I can appreciate a good looking man once in a while, and he definitely was good looking, but that doesn't mean I'm into dudes. When I look at guys, I don't envision our future together in my head, I don't even think about sex with them either. But with girls....that's a whole other story, so let's not get into that...

The carnival comes to an end, and I help clean up and put away the tents.

"Thanks again for helping out." Mr.Harrison says. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it." I smile. "You're welcome by the way." He says. "For?" I tilt my head. "Getting you and Ben to click, c'mon now, I saw the way y'all looked at eachother." He nudges my arm.

"Pffft, don't even." I say. "Let me guess, "he's not your type"." He mimics. "Definitely, not my type, trust me." I say and look at him. "Mmmk, whatever you say princess." He says and we stop in front of the parking lot. "See you tomorrow." I say. "Yeah, see ya." He smiles and walks to his car.

On the way home, I had one thing on my mind, and it wasn't Ben, it was that girl. I don't know why I can't get her out of my head, we didn't even really have a full in conversation, just small talk.

I get home and order some food. I was scrolling through Facebook, and I come across the schools page. So I clicked on it and went through some of their posts from today. And I didn't even realize it, but I was self consciously trying to find that girl in the pictures, I don't know, maybe they tagged her or something and I  could at least stalk her page.

I looked for about 2 minutes, but I couldn't find her. "Fuck this." I say to myself and throw my phone.

I stare at the ceiling for a good 30 minutes in silence. I had her eyes in my head, they were a really pretty dark brown that I would never forget, even if I don't ever see her again.

A/N

Sorry this one was kind of short, but I just needed to get to the point😭 chapter 3 tomorrowwww💕