15-Fake

*jens pov*

When I opened the door yesterday to see Leah standing there, my heart skipped a beat. I mean, obviously, my feelings are still really heavy for her. But that doesn't mean I'm not still upset over how she lied to me.

I did forgive her, but I'm still a petty person, and she's still with that bitch. So I was thinking about it today. And I realized, that she does have a girlfriend, so I need to back off, because I know if some random girl kept coming onto my girlfriend, I would be pissed.

So unless I get to the point where I can't take it anymore, I just need to accept that she can't be with me.

So to get her off my mind, I need to use my resources, and by resources, I mean Ben.

I might not like Ben, the way that I like Leah. But he treats me right, and I have no reason to ghost him. So I'm giving him a chance, and who knows, maybe we'll work out.

-
It's been a 2 weeks since me and Leah "made up". We haven't seen eachother since then, but we've been texting a lot.

So I'm currently heading over to her house, since she texted me that she wants me to meet Kate...

Something about her wanting me to get along with Kate so things won't be awkward when me and Leah hang out. In my head I was like, "this bitch is crazy", but I decided to agree with her, besides I want to know what Kate is like.

So that's what I'm doing. I pull into Leahs drive way, and I look in my car mirror before heading in. I'm wearing black ripped skinny jeans, with a white crop top, a pair of wedges. And a small zip up grey jacket since it's kind of cold.

My hair is down and naturally wavy, and my makeup is light. After I check myself out, I walk up to the front door and ring the doorbell. I hear some giggling from inside, then I hear footsteps walk up to the door.

The door opens and I see Leahs face appear. "Hey, I'm glad you came." She says and smiles. "Yeah, of course." I nod and give her a small hug. She opens the door for me, so I step in and my eyes immediately go to this blonde sitting at the couch. She stands up and smiles. She is very pretty, the stereotypical American girl, but definitely not my type, and I could not see her as Leahs type.

"Hi!" She says and flashes me her white ass teeth. Her blue eyes glisten from the light, as she bats her long eyelashes. Ugh, I already don't like this chic. "Hello." I say sweetly and smile. "I'm Kate." She says and walks over to me. "Oh- I know." I giggle and so does she, even though I didn't really mean that in a good way.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Jennifer." I say and our hands separate. "Nice to meet you too." She smiles and nods, god, stop fucking smiling.

We continue just chitchatting throughout the night, we have some laughs here and there, and I swear, I've never acted this fake in my life. "So, how long have you known Leah?" I ask Kate and put down my wine glass. I feel Leah give me a side stare, but I keep my eyes on Kate.

"Hm- almost 2 years now." She smiles and winks at Leah. I shoot Leah a look, and give her a petty bitch smile. "What about you?" Kate asks and sips her wine. "Oh- maybe 7 months." I say and she nods. "Isn't she just the best?" Kate says and holds Leah's hand. "Oh yeah, totally." I smile, but on the inside I'm rolling my eyes so hard right now.

Deep down I wanted to get along with Kate since that would help me move on, but this just isn't working. I don't like her, I like her enough to fake that I like her, but, no, just no.

"Are you ok? Leah asks snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh- oh yeah! I'm fine, I'm just gonna use the bathroom." I smile and stand up. I walk down the hall and into the bathroom. I didn't actually have to pee, I just went on my phone and decided to text Ben.

Jen: "Hey, would you be up for a double date?" I text him, then I put my phone down and check out my ass in the mirror.

Honestly, I can't believe she chose Kate over me. Ugh, whatever, it's her loss.

I leave the bathroom and go and sit on the couch instead of at the stools where they're sitting, and I just scroll through Instagram.

I hear them get off the stools and walk towards me. Kate sits on the other couch, and Leah leans on the couch I'm sitting on. "You good?" She asks. "Mhm." I nod and she walks over and sits beside Kate.

I let out a little scoff, and it might've been too loud, because they definitely heard. I look over since I felt them staring at me. "What?" I ask kind of with attitude. "Nothing." Leah shrugs and rolls her eyes. I know she knows I'm annoyed, we know how to read eachother, and I can tell she's annoyed with me.

She rolls her eyes, and turns to Kate. I go back on my phone, and I see Leah glance at me until Kate turns Leahs chin towards her, then she kisses her. I immediately stand up and force a giggle. "I should really get going." I say.

"Why- you just got here not too long ago." Leah says and stands up too. "I have some things to do. Um-it was nice meeting you Kelly." I say purposely forgetting her name. "It's Kate." She corrects me and I just nod at her.

"I-ok, I guess I'll text you later Jen." Leah says. "Yeah, you do that." I smile and walk towards the door.

"Bye Leah." I say once I open the door. "Bye." She says emotionless. "Oh-bye Katherine." I say and smile at Kate, then I walk out and shut the door before she corrects me.

I lean against the door and laugh to myself. Then I walk towards my car while flipping off Leahs house.

I get in my car and my phone lights up with a text from Ben.

Ben: "I'm down!" He responds.

Great, this should be fun, I'll let Leah know about it tomorrow.

I drive back to my apartment, then I eat some pizza.