63-Never Again

*leahs pov*

It's finally the big day. My heart is in my throat, and my stomach is in my ass. I can't wait to marry this woman. I've been waiting for so long.

I lift my head up, and look over at Jennifer sleeping. I quietly get out of bed, and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I walk out once I finish, and Jen is awake sitting up. I sit back down beside her, and she immediately crawls on top of me, straddling me, making me lay back down. She used her hand to try and grab the blanket to pull it over her. I laugh as I watch her struggle.

"We have to get up Jen." I say once she finally gets the blanket. "Let's just get married right here." She says sleepily. "Yeah right." I laugh and stroke her hair. "I don't wanna kiss in front of all your relatives." She says. "It's not that big of a deal. It's not like we're fucking in front of them." I laugh and she shakes her head. "Ew." She says and sits up.

"C'mon." I say and grab her waist, bringing her closer to me so I can hold her. I stand up with her in my arms and walk into the bathroom. "Ok, get ready." I say and let go of her legs, but she's still hanging onto me. "Ow!" I laugh out loud and hold her legs again since it was hurting. "Take me back to bed..." She mumbles.

"What time is your makeup appointment?" I ask. "7." She says and I look over at the clock out room. "It's 6:19." I say. "Yeah, that's too fucking early." She says. "How did you get up for school everyday?" I ask and she shrugs. "I was a different person back then." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Jen, I'm serious, we have to get going." I say and she wines. I let go of her again and start to tickle her sides. She immediately jumps off of me and I giggle. "Don't do that." She says holding her sides. I roll my eyes and go into the room and get dressed.

She stays in the bathroom, getting ready for her appointment I assume. So I just go on my phone since I don't have anything to do right now.

"Ok, I guess I'll head there. I'm getting dressed there too since you can't see me." She says. "So I'm gonna see you at the ceremony?" I ask. "Yeah." She says and grabs her purse. "Ok...well I'll see you when we're getting married." I say and she comes over and gives me a hug. "Yeah I'll see you." She says and kisses me before walking out of the room.

Later my mom and dad come over so my mom can help me get ready while my dad just sits around. People are gonna start arriving at 1 and the ceremony will start at 3. I already have my suit on, and my mom is curling my hair right now. But not with a curling iron, she's putting in curlers and we're gonna let them sit for a while, so I can have big voluminous curls.

She finishes putting them in, then she sprays my hair with water, just making it damp. She sets down the spray bottle, and just stares at me through the mirror. I stop looking at my phone and raise my brows at her. "God- what ma?" I ask annoyed. "I just cant believe you're getting married..." She says and shakes her head.

"You never thought this day would come huh?" I joke. "Oh shutup." She smacks the back of my head. "Aye my curlers." I say and check them. "I knew you'd find the one. And I knew, the moment I saw Jennifer, I knew she was the one." She says. "You smiled differently when you were with her. She made a different light come out of you." She says getting all deep and using hand gestures. "Awee mom stop." I pout my lip and she sighs.

"My little girl's all grown up." She says and wipes her eyes. "Are you in here crying Vicki?" George says as he comes into the bathroom. "Oh shutup george." She says and I laugh. "I thought suits were for dudes." George says once he looks at me. "I am a dude." I say and grab a cracker off the counter since I was eating some earlier.

"Leah you are so unmannered." My mom says. "Ok? It's my house and I say you're too mannered." I roll my eyes. "How long do I have to wait for these things anyways?" I ask referring to the curlers. "Uhh I'd say about an hour." My mom says and I sigh. "Mk." I shrug and walk out to my bed and sit down.

I go on my phone and talk to my mom as I wait for the time to pass. Then I decide to do my makeup for the time being, so it'll pass by faster.

I finish up my makeup. Then I sit back down on the chair in the bathroom so my mom can take out the curlers. She takes them all out one by one, and starts to run her fingers through them so they're not so stiff. She finishes it off with some hairspray so they'll stay.

I check the time and 2 hours have already gone by. So I put the last touches on my makeup. Then I skip my heals on and grab everything I need.

We all get in the car, and head to the park. People should already be showing up by this time. Once we get there, we'll almost immediately have the whole 'getting married' thing. Then we'll have the after party at our house. So the park is basically just the setting for the quick little say your vows, say I do, kiss, then we're done.

We get there. And everyone is already here. Everything is pretty hectic, and it really gets my heart pumping. I'm excited, I'm ready to get married.

The time finally comes, and everyone gets seated, I stand under the arch with all the bridesmaids surrounding me. The music plays, and Jen starts to walk down the isle. I feel my eyes water as I watch her walk down in all white. She was right, that dress really is beautiful.

She makes her way in front of me, and the maid of honor, who is Angela, takes Jens bouquet so we can hold hands. The the priest does his thing, with us repeating after him.

We say our 'I do's' then he finally comes across that one sentence. "You may kiss the bride." I blink and I tear falls from my eye, before going in for a kiss, our first kiss as a married couple. The crowd cheers, and Jennifer pulls me in for a tight hug. "I love you..." She whispers. "I love you too." I respond before we both walk down the isle.

We don't stick around for long, before going back home for the after party. We both change since we don't wanna mess up our outfits. But we're still fancy looking like everyone else.

We chat and laugh with everyone. We ate food, and everyone drank wine. Music is playing and some people are dancing, and others are outside.

I notice someone else start to walk through the front door. But I wasn't sure who it could've been since everyone is already basically here. I watch as Jennifer's mom walks through the door, and my mouth slightly drops open. I nudge Jens arm since she's beside me, and she turns her head to what I'm looking at.

Her jaw drops too as her mom makes eye contact with her. Jen walks over to her and stops in front of her. What happens next is not what I expected. I expected her to cuss her out, asking her why she's here, and what she's thinking. But instead...she just pulls her in for a hug. I watch as her mom adjusts to the hug, and hugs her back, with a smile and tears forming in her eyes.

They pull away and I make my way over to them. "Welcome Mrs.Lopez." I say sweetly and she smiles at me. "Hi Leah." She says and touches my shoulder. "We're you at the ceremony?" Jen asks still shocked. "I was. It was beautiful." Her mom nods and Jennifer smiles big. "How did you- this- I'm just glad you're here, really." Jen says and I smile at how happy she is.

"Leah's mom told me everything. And I knew I couldn't miss it for the world." She says and I look over to my mom who's looking at us. She just shrugs acting like she knows she's all that and I just giggle. "But I thought you weren't ok with this..." Jen tilts her head. "This is what makes you happy Jennifer. I'll come around, for you. I'm trying for you." She says and Jen smiles. "Thankyou.." Jen says sweetly and hugs her again.

I decide to let them be alone and go back to my mom. "Well aren't you just the peace maker?" I joke. "I am good aren't I?" She brags. "You're great. I appreciate all your help. And arranging that. Jen is really happy that her mom could make it." I say. "I didn't want her to be sad that her mom missed such an important moment in her life." She says and I nod. "Thankyou." I say and hug her.

I am glad that Jen's mom could make it. I know Jen was a little sad that it was mostly my family there, so I know she feels better about it now. Especially that her mom is accepting us as a couple. I just still can't believe that it happened, we're married. I knew it would happen, since the moment I saw her. I remember thinking to myself 'That's the woman I'm gonna marry'. And I did. I proved my mind right. I couldn't be happier right now. Jennifer fixed me, and I'll never be broken again.

A/N

Thankyou everyone so much for reading this shit. I kinda thought it was a flop, but it ended off good👍🏼 Thankyou for all the votes and views! It means a lot, and I do plan on making some more fics, so stick around for that. Ok well lemme gts cuz it's 3:20. Goodnight💕💕