33-I Always Have

*leahs pov*

Its been about a month, and things are going pretty good between me and Jen. I've been seeing her every weekend, and I pick her up from school when she lets me.

"Can I open my eyes yet?" Jen asks while sitting on my couch. "No! Hold on." I come out with a box, and I place it in her lap. "Open." I say and she opens her eyes. Her jaw immediately drops once she sees the Louis Vuitton box.

"Leah you didn't...." She says while slowly untying the ribbon. I smile as she covers her mouth when she sees the heels. "Oh my god!" She stands up quickly and holds them in her hand. "Do you like them?" I ask and she looks at me. "I love them! Thankyou baby!" She runs over to me and gives me a big hug, and attacks me with kisses.

"Ugh I love them." She exaggerates and I laugh. "Good, you can wear them on our date tonight." I smile and she tilts her head. "Date?" She asks. "Mhm." I nod. "Ooo ok." She smirks and sits back on the couch.

-

Later we ended up getting ready for our date, and I already had a fancy place in mind. So we headed there and we got seated about 10 minutes ago.

"I love your dress." I say to Jen and she smiles while looking at the desert menu. "Really? I wasn't sure about it." She tilts her head. "Trust me, it's hot." I assure her and she smiles. The waiter comes with our food and we start eating and just talking about our week.

"How has work been? Any new students?" I ask as we eat. "Um, pretty good. No new students yet, but we're getting a transfer student next week." She says. "Cool." I nod. "What about you? How's work?" She asks. "Great actually, definitely better since Kate isn't there." I roll my eyes and she agrees with me.

"Jen? Can I ask you a question?" I ask and put down my fork. "Of course baby, what's up?" She asks and continues eating. "How long do you think you'll be teaching?" I ask hesitantly, and she looks at me confused. "I mean, I know you love it, but like, will you work until you have to retire?" I ask trying to make sense.

"I don't plan on being a teacher until I physically can't anymore, if that's what you're asking..." She tilts her head. "Ok good." I say and she makes a face. "What's that supposed to mean?" She forces a giggle. "I-j-...I don't know, just making conversation." I change the subject and she continues eating.

The night goes on, and eventually we both finish up. "Any deserts tonight ladies?" The waiter asks and I look at Jen. She slightly bites her lip and nods her head hesitantly. "Yes, give us a minute please." I say and he nods.

Jen grabs the desert menu, and points to what she wants. "Damn, you had this planned." I laugh and so does she. I call the waiter back over, Jen orders, and I end up picking something out too.

"This is good, but you're my desert tonight..." She says and seductively takes a bite of her desert. My tummy gets all fluttery and I smile to myself.

-

"Leah, before we get inside, I'm just letting you know that there's a little surprise for you..." Jen says as we walk up the stairs of my front porch. "Surprise? For me?" I ask excited and she smiles and nods her head. I open the door and walk in and Jen comes in behind me, shutting the door.

"So where is it?" I ask and she rolls her eyes. "Look around." She laughs a little. I look around for a second, then back at her and I shrug. "Fine, we could just watch a movie on this amazingly comfortable couch..." She says and walks over to the couch, slowly stroking the cushion of it. I stand there confused for a second, but then I realize what it is, and my jaw drops.

"Oh my god, how did y-, what?" I ramble on in awe. I walk over to the brand new couch and get a good look at it. "I know how upset you were about 'my' bodily fluids getting on the couch, so I went out of my way, and got you a brand new one." She says all proud of herself. "Jennifer, you really shouldn't have. How much was this?" I ask and sit down on it, testing it out.