51-Crossed

*jens pov*

We walked to the front door of Leahs parents house, and Leah rang the doorbell. Not long after, her mom opened the door and greeted us. "Jennifer! Ugh, you look beautiful!" She says and pulls me in for a tight hug. I was surprised, but it was comforting for her to be so nice. "Hello to you too ma." Leah says after walking in after us and shutting the door.

"Hi Leah." She rolls her eyes and smiles, giving her a hug. "Rue is here." Her mom says and Leah smiles big. "Really?" She asks excitingly. "And aunt Laura." Her mom says and Leahs smile fades. "Don't even." She rolls her eyes and her mom laughs. "C'mon Jen, I'll introduce you to some people.

I smile and take her hand. There was a lot of people around, just talking and laughing. Everyone was dressed pretty fancy, but we were probably the most extra, other than the girls our age. "So who's birthday is it again?" I ask once we walk away from a group of people we were talking to. "My cousin Bella." She says and I nod. "So who's Rue?" I ask. "Oh, she's another one of my cousins, she's my favorite." she laughs and so do I.

Eventually we come across who I'm guessing is Bella, since she was wearing a sash that said 'birthday girl' Leah gave her a hug and told her happy birthday. Bella glanced at me, and quietly asks Leah something. Leah blushes and rolls her eyes, but then she nods her head yes, and Bella gets excited. She looks over to me and holds out her hand. "Jennifer right?" She asks and I smile. "Yeah, that's me." I say and shake her hand. "I've heard so much about you." She says and smirks at Leah. "All good I hope." I giggle. "Oh yeah, trust me." She laughs and Leah playfully hits her.

"Oh! Happy birthday by the way!" I say and she smiles big with her teeth. "Thankyou!" She says and shakes her head. We continue to hang out with Bella and the group she was with. I really like Leah's family. I wish Leah would be able to get to know my family one day since I know she's fit in so well, but I know that would be a while from now.

Eventually everyone goes to the kitchen, and they bring out cake. Then everyone sings Bella happy birthday. Earlier Leah had saw Rue, so she went over to her, and I got to know Bella and some other people. It was nice to talk to them.

After singing, Leah's mom cut into the cake, and she slowly gave everyone a piece. There was a lot of people, so everyone just sat wherever they could. Me and Leah ended up in the living room, with me in her lap as we ate.

"So Jennifer, how long have you known Leah?" Rue asks and I turn my head towards her. "Um about a year now." I nod and she raises her brows. "Oh, so you two have definitely..ya know..." She says and smirks at Leah. "Oh my god! Rue, stop." Leah laughs and playfully hits her.

"I mean she's not wrong." I shrug and Leah widens her eyes as Rue and the others laugh. "Woww." Leah rolls her eyes. I set my plate down beside Leah's on the coffee table, and wrap my arms around her. She rests arm over my legs and softly strokes my thigh.

Eventually the older people, and the little kids start to leave. And it's just us and Leah's close cousins left. "You girls ready?" One of Leahs cousins stands up and asks. Everyone gets excited and stands up, following her to the door. "We'll be back later mom!" Leah yells before shutting the door behind us. We all pile into 2 different cars, and we head to the club.

We pull into a parking spot, and it is packed. I guess it makes sense since it is Saturday night. We wait in the car for a second as we all take pictures and videos on Snapchat. "Shit, lemme get that. I hear one of the girls say, I turn towards them, and Rue passes the girl a dab pen. I raise my brows and look over at Leah, she looks just as surprised.

"Rue you smoke?" Leah asks. "Occasionally." She shrugs and we laugh. The other girl takes a couple of hits, then she hands it to me. I take it and hesitate a bit, but then I hit it. I noticed Leah was watching me, so I turned to her and blew the smoke in her face. She giggled and waved her hand to get the smoke to go away. "You want some." I ask and hand the pen to her a little. "Neh." She shrugs and I tilt my head because she's boring.

I take another hit, then I bring Leah's face to mine and kiss her deeply, blowing the smoke into her mouth. I pull away and watch her breathe it in, then blow it out. "Fuck you." She laughs and so do I. "What time?" I giggle and she raises her brows. "Eww not in my car." The girl driving says and everyone laughs.

I go to take another hit, but Leah pulls it away and I look at her. "I don't want you getting crossed tonight." She says and hands it back to Rue. "No promises." I say and smile.

We all climb out of the car, and head to the entrance. The other group was waiting for us inside. So we just joined them and danced, and drank of course.

We ordered like 3 trays of shots, and they're already gone. Leah didn't drink any, but she said it was okay if I did.

I like being with Leah and her family, I'm surprised I'm even partying like I am with them right now. I guess I've grown on them, and I'm getting more comfortable. But I like it, I love Leah.