31-Move On

*leahs pov*

1 week has passed by, and me and Jen haven't really got to see much of eachother. We FaceTime here and there, and I went over to her place once after school.

But other than that, I really miss her. And I've realized that I start to get in a bad mood when she's not around a lot. And to add to that, Kate doesn't make anything better. She hasn't given me any reason to fire her yet, which is unfortunate. But she's still a pain in my ass.

Tomorrow I have to go into work, I'll just try and avoid Kate like I always do. But she always finds some reason to come see me, or to bump into me. It's annoying, but I deal with it.

"No, that's the Daniel's, not the Smith's" I say through my office phone. "Yeah, the 1st picture. Mhm, ok, don't forget." I say and hang up.

I had to send some designs over for the Daniel's family. They want to redecorate their house, and well, as an interior decorator, that's what I do. So I was just getting some designs done.

I love my job, and I love being the boss. I don't have to come to work everyday, and when I do, I enjoy it. I have all of this because of my dad, luckily he runs a design company, and I got to own this building.

Since I had nothing to do today, I decided to spend all day at work. Which is a first, but I don't mind. I go out for lunch. And I have to admit, I don't like eating by myself. I really wanted to call Jen, just to hear her voice, but she probably has a class right now.

I finish up my lunch, then I head back to my building. "Lisa, have Erica send the paint testers to my office." I say as I walk past the front desk, she nods, and I get in the elevator and head to my office.

I walk down the hall to my office, and get some stuff done. The I get kind of bored, so I just go on Netflix on the computer and watch American Horror Story.

Then I hear a knock at the door. I quickly pull up another tab to hide netflix, then I tell them to come in. "Hey, Lisa told me to give these to you?" Erica says. "Oh, right! Thankyou." I say and take the paint testers from her. She leaves and shuts the door.

Then I look at the paints, and think of which one would work best. I pick out a light grey, and I put the other ones in a drawer so I don't get them mixed up. After that, I continue watching Netflix.

I sit around for about 30 minutes, until I hear another knock on my door. "Come in!" I say and sit up in my chair. In walks Kate with that same look on her face. I sigh and look down.

"What do you need?" I ask bluntly. "There's no need to be rude.." She says and shuts the door. "Just tell me what you're here for." I say quickly. "They told me to turn these papers into you once I finish, and I finished." She says and walks up to my desk, handing me the papers.

I glance at them for a second, then I take them and actually look at them. I sigh and rub my forehead. "Something wrong?" She asks. "Yes, this. This is wrong, you did it all wrong." I say and drop them on my desk.

"How? I did what they told me!" She says getting defensive. "Well you obviously weren't paying attention. You marked them all down for September, not April." I say and she tilts her head looking at them. "Ohhh, oops.." She shrugs. "Oops?" I mock her.

"God- Kate, listen next time." I shake my head. "Sorry." She shrugs and crosses her arms. I go back on my computer, but she just stands there. "What?!" I ask annoyed and she kind of jumps. "Nothing." She says. "Then leave." I roll my eyes and she sighs.

"I miss you Leah.." She says and comes around my desk and stands beside me. I look up at her from my chair and I make a fake smile. "Kate, I've moved on, and so should you." I tilt my head and she looks surprised. "Moved on? You mean you're already seeing someone else?" She crosses her arms. "Mhm." I nod and stand up, I walk around her to the bookshelf and grab one of the binders.

"You should just go, I'm trying to have a productive work day." I exaggerate and walk back over to my desk and stop in front of her. "We're over, you need to realize that." I say. "Don't you miss me..." She asks and tugs on the collar of my blouse.

"No." I say bluntly, and she tilts her head. "Give me one more chance, I won't fuck it up." She says and comes closer to me. I back up into the desk until I can't move any more. She slowly takes the binder out of my hands and sets it on the desk behind me. "What are you doing, move-." She cuts me off by smashing her lips to mine. I hear a noise, but I focus on getting this psycho bitch off of me.

She pulls away before I even get the chance to push her off. I realize she stopped when she heard the noise. We both turn, and I see Jennifer standing in the doorway with tears in her eyes.