41

Max's POV

Demi has been in the hospital for a couple days now and today is Valentine's Day. I had something planned already, but due to Demi being in the hospital I had to cancel it. As soon as Demi is out though, I want to do what I had initially planned. Today, however, I still want to do something special for her so I asked her nurses and doctor if it was okay if I set up something in her room later tonight and if they could leave us alone for a couple hours and they all agreed and just said if we need anything to press the button.

Right now, I'm on my way to Demi's parents house because they are going to watch Zara and I also need to grab Demi's present that I had Demi's mom hold so Demi didn't snoop. I just pulled up to their house and I get out of the car then go to the back seat to unbuckle Zara.

"You ready to see Glam-Ma princess?" I ask holding her against my hip and she giggles and claps her hands together. I smile and kiss her cheek as I grab her diaper bag then walk to the front door. I knock on the door and immediately the door opens and I see Dianna standing there.

"How many times do I have to tell you, you don't have to knock Max." Dianna says and I chuckle and walk in.

"This isn't my house though. I'm not just going to walk in." I say laughing and Dianna rolls her eyes slightly then takes Zara from me.

"It's not Demi's either, but she'll just walk her way right in here." Dianna says and I chuckle.

"But she's your daughter." I reply as we walk to the kitchen.

"And you're like my son. Future son in law I hope." Dianna then says smirking and I smile.

"Me too." I answer simply and she smiles big. "Anyways, do you have Demi's present?" I ask placing Zara's diaper bag on the counter as I smile over at Zara as Dianna gives her a teething ring out of the freezer.

"Yup, it's upstairs in my room. I'll go get it right now." Dianna says and just then Dallas comes walking in the kitchen.

"Hey Max!" Dallas says and I smile and give her a hug.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I ask and she smiles and takes Zara from Dianna as she walks upstairs to get Demi's gift.

"I'm doing good. Baby is doing good!" She says. "How's Demi? Is she doing better?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah, she's doing a lot better and the baby is doing amazing considering. The doctor thinks they will be able to send Demi home in the next couple of weeks or so with strict orders of bed rest. I don't know for sure though. Anything can change at any given moment." I say and Dallas nods.

"Hopefully she will be able to go home soon since Zara's birthday is coming up in a couple months." Dallas says bouncing Zara in her arms and she giggles with her teething ring in her mouth.

"Me too, but I also don't want to force anything and then something like that happen again. It was so scary to see her in so much pain." I say looking down slightly.

"It must of been. I can't imagine. Hopefully that guy that did this to her gets punished for what he did." Dallas says and I nod. Just then Dianna walks down with Demi's gift and I smile and grab it from her when she hands it to me.

"Thank you for holding it for so long. I just didn't want Demi finding it at our house." I say and she nods.

"Of course! You know I can always hold gifts for you here. Hopefully it will be a diamond ring soon." Dianna says winking and I chuckle and look down.

"I'm planning on it." I say quietly and Dianna and Dallas both gasp.

"You're going to propose?" Dianna asks with tears in her eyes and I smile.