22

Demi's POV

When we are done packing everything up it's about 30 minutes before my security guard, Max, is going to come pick us up and bring us to the airport. We both walk downstairs and Max brings down our luggage and places it by the door while I go straight to the living room with Zara and Rhonda. Max goes back up the stairs to get the last suitcase when I take Zara into my arms.

"You guys were yelling." Rhonda scolds and I laugh.

"At first, but we talked. We're good." I say smiling and I look up to see she has an 'I told you so' look on her face and I chuckle.

"Thank you though, for encouraging me to talk to him. I think all along I did believe him, I was just stuck on the fact that he might not of told me, but he swears he was going to, so I trust him." I tell her and she nods with a smile.

"I'm glad, you guys are perfect for each other. I've never seen my son as happy as he is with you and Zara in his life, and I'm glad. He loves you both so much." She says and I smile and blush slightly as I look down at Zara who is staring up at me.

"I love them too." I say and soon Max makes his way down and sits next to me on the couch and takes Zara into his arms.

"My sweet princess." He says lifting her up to kiss her cheek and she giggles. I smile at the sight of Max and Zara and I lean my head on Max's shoulder as we both look at our beautiful girl.

"Max is going to be here any minute, do you want to go change her diaper real quick?" I ask Max and he nods.

"Yeah, I'll be right back." He says kissing my temple before he gets up and walks upstairs. I smile as I watch the two loves in my life but soon I drift my attention back to Rhonda.

"You guys are the cutest little family." She says and I smile

"Thank you" I say blushing slightly. "And thank you for inviting me into your home. I had a blast and loved meeting you guys." I tell her and she nods.

"Of course sweetheart! I hope to be seeing a lot more of you as well!" She says with a wink and I smile.

"Definitely!" I say and she smiles.

"Here, why don't you take my number and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to give me a call, okay? Even if it's just to put Max in check every once in awhile." She says writing her number on a paper before handing it to me.

"Okay, I definitely will!" I say and then the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it." Rhonda says standing up.

"Okay, it's probably my security guard picking us up." I say and she nods then walks out of the living room and towards the front door. I soon follow, thinking it's Max, but when I turn the corner I see Brooke standing outside the door talking to Rhonda.

"Oh! Demi! Hi!" She says when she sees me and I roll my eyes and turn the other way.

"I think you need to leave Brooke, you've caused enough drama already." Rhonda says but she shakes her head.

"No, I need to see Max." She says and I turn back towards her to see her giving off the fakest smile I've ever seen. Right in that moment I see Max walk down the stairs with Zara and I see him smile at me since he has yet to see Brooke by the door.

"Baby girl is all changed! Was that Max at the door baby?" He asks and I shake my head and that's when he drifts his attention past me and he sees Brooke. I see him tense up and I know he's pissed. I walk up to him and place my hand on his side and rub up and down.

"It's okay baby, let's just go to the living room." I say and he looks down at me and nods. We then start walking to the living room and that's when Brooke noticed Max.