Jealous (Sydney Novak X Reader)

PROMPT: The reader and Sydney are dating in secret, so Brad Lewis residential asshole thinks he can get it on.

(I recommend listening to the song in the upper part . It's a bop. This also lowkey inspired this whole fic.)

(C/N is close to your name but not exactly) (Think Ella and Emma or Kaylee and Kylie)

Warnings: cursing, angst, Brad being the worst because he sucks

Sydney looked up from her lunch to the pair of doc martins in front of her. "Hey, Syd" Y/n sat down next to her before steeling a french fry. "I'm going to fail this freaking test. Please tell me you know what you're doing. I can't have you sink with me." As she spoke, Y/n began pulling out pieces of paper. looking for her textbook.

"Did you even bother studying?"

"Okay, Syd. Stop trying to call me out like this. I tried to. But, there's like three tests today. And all of them I'm probably going to fail. Let's be honest."

"I mean, you never know what could happen. By some miracle you could pass."

"Maybe, although Brad came over to me to ask about forming some study group or whatever. But, we all know that-"

"Wait, Brad wanted to form a study group with you?"

"Not, even a study group more or less a lets get together and go over stuff. Just the two of us."

"Did you say yes?"

"No," Y/n turned to a random page in the book, "Brad is literally failing the class. I'm not gonna study with him. That's one of his many attempts to just hang out with me."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, but don't worry, Syd. I've only got eyes for you." Y/n took Sydney's hand into hers. "Besides, we both know Brad's not my type. He's not that cute." Y/n began skimming through her book as Sydney kept looking at her in a mix of bewilderment and slight anger. Y/n's cute, Sydney could see that, as well as everyone who's met her. The issue for Sydney is that everyone could see it. Not just her.

Anyone else shamelessly flirting with her wasn't an issue. But, Brad Lewis almost took her best friend Dina. Who's to say his bullshit charm couldn't work on her.

"Uh, Y/n" Sydney began gathering up her things, "I'd love to stay, but I gotta uh, go get some stuff for my class."

"Oh, alright." Y/n reached up for Sydney's hand but she was too quick to run off, "I'll see you at the entrance?" Y/n called out, but managed to get no answer "I'll take that as a maybe."

Y/n stood by her locker and stuffed the large textbook into it. She looked down at her bag, not noticing the book beginning to drop until she heard the thump of it fall into someone's hand. Y/n looks up to see Brad leaning on the locker next to hers. "Hey," Y/n stands back up, "thank you so much." she reaches forwards for the book, but Brad pulls it from her reach.

"It was no problem, C/n"

"It's Y/n."

"How do you you did on the test today?"

"I actually think I did fine. I was worried, but for the most part it wasn't terrible. All I'm hoping for is a C."

"Well, I didn't take it. I had a doctor's appointment during that period and have other things to make up after school. So imma take it Thursday."

"Lucky," Y/n kept looking at the textbook in Brad's hand.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me study tomorrow during lunch."