Amaya Jiwe X Reader headcannons

-Considering the time period Amaya came from it's pretty obvious sexuality wasn't very discussed.

-So once she really fell for a girl she didn't have a lot of reference on what to do.

-Overtime Sara noticed her doting on you and the two talked about it before Amaya was convinced to ask you out.

-After a couple dates the two of you made it official.

-Amaya rarely talked about her time period and Zambezi because she knew that she'd have to go back some time in her future and forget about her time traveling adventures.

-Amaya isn't generally too protective often in the sense of around other people, it's more of She doesn't want you to get hurt on missions especially if you're not a fighter like the rest of the Legends.

-She tells you so much about Zambezi and her culture and everything involving her totems.

SEASON 3 SPOILERS 

-You are super badass together no matter your skill. In the end, you happen to be a totem bearer like her.

-In the end you got the water totem instead of Ray.

-When she decided to go home to her time period, she decided to keep her memory in the end.

-She even kept some a rainbow flag she picked up when you forced her to go to pride in 2017