Chapter 3: When You Meet Your Idol

Izuku had started his classes at the Fa Mulan Dojo, his first lesson was a basic vocal exercise he had to perform. The exercise wasn't too hard for our little cinnamon roll, it took him an hour before he could perform it with relative ease. The next step of his training on the first day was performing the same vocal exercise he had just learnt while he was performing a set of very specific moves that were akin to those performed by a beginner ballet dance.

The exercise wasn't hard but the fact that one had to do it continuously for 3 times for 10 minutes with a 2 minute gap was not really helping. To add to Izuku's plight, the headmaster of Fa Mulan, Ryujin, had taken a keen interest in Izuku and wanted to oversee his training personally. This was a bit out of the ordinary as Ryujin rarely undertook the training of students, much less the training of a mere beginner. It was a surprise to the rest but they never questioned the ways of Ryujin as the outcome to his actions was always favourable in the end. Aside from that, Izuku was still having a blast at the dojo, as he saw this as a way to work out his body. Inko was watching him with a smile.

3 years later...

Later they both headed home. Despite all the dancing and working out, Izuku was still full of energy. As they opened the door to their apartment they were surprised to see Ochako and her parents.

"Oh, hey Ochako, what's up?" Izuku asked.

Ochako smiled as she was excited to tell Izuku the news. Maruki began to explain what was going on. Apparently he was called about an overseas job which would possibly help them earn some money for his family. It was a lot to take in for sure.

"I see," Inko said.

"However we don't want to tear Ochako away from a friend who has been so good to her over the years, and so we came up with a solution that I think would help us out," Kurumi said, "It's better for Ochako to be around people whom she trusts, so as of today she is to move in with you and your son. That is, if you don't mind."

Inko smiled. "I don't mind at all. I'd be glad to look after your daughter."

"We'll come around from time to time to visit," Maruki explained. "And we'll also send some of the money to your account every month for you to cover the expenses caused by Ochako. You wont have to worry about her school fees as well because we'll be paying the fees online every semester."

Ochako walked up to them. "Don't forget what I said Daddy," Ochako said with a determined smile, "One day when I grow up to be big and strong, I'll help you and Mommy out however I can."

"Ochako, dear, we want you to follow your own dream and be a hero in the future. Your daddy and I can hire all the help we need." Kurumi answered with a smile on her face.

"And hey," Maruki added, "One day in the future when you make it as a hero, you could take us all on vacation to Hawaii." Ochako smiled.

"Ok Daddy," she said as she hugged him. "I'll do my best to become the best hero I can. I promise you that I will take you on a vacation to Hawaii when I grow up." Izuku chimed in.

"And I promise to keep Ochako safe from the bullies and scary people," he said, "When I unlock my quirk, I'll become a hero and help her too!"

Maruki smiled. "Good boy," he said with a grin.

Ochako gave Izuku a hug. "I'll do my part to help you too, by cheering you on Deku," she said with a smile, "After all that's what best friends are here for." Izuku remembered when she started calling him Deku.

<Flashback 3 years ago>

When they were in preschool, they had just finished up arts and crafts. "Thanks again for helping me back there Deku," Ochako said as she smiled.