Chapter 23: The Fighting Rounds

Chapter 23: The Fighting Rounds!

After the epic performance in the last chapter, the 16 students are now getting ready for the battle ahead. All the students were getting ready, there was one however who was walking towards the broccoli boy. Shinso approached Izuku to congratulate him on his performance and wish him luck and Izuku being the polite boy he was about to respond but was stopped by Ojiro putting his hand on Izuku's mouth preventing him from responding. Shinso leaves soon after, while Izuku gives Ojiro a questioning look.

"There's something weird about him, I remember talking to him before the cavalry battle and after that nothing else. My mind was completely blank. Whatever you do out there, do not respond to him. I have a feeling it has to do with his quirk."

"Oh, thanks for the save and the heads up."

There is an announcement soon after, for all the contestants to assemble in the stands and for Izuku and Shinso to make their way to the stadium.

"Alright folks, to start today's one v one battle we have in the blue corner, the person who went toe to toe with a villain and survived with no scars whatsoever, the class rep of 1-A himself, Midoriya Izuku!!!! And fighting him will be the person who can probably get what he wants by simply asking a question, the class rep of 1-C, Shinso Hitoshi!!!!!"

The two of them faced each other. "It must be nice for us to face each other," he said, "I can't believe your friends are here as well to fight. Must be nice to team up with a bunch of ragtag amateurs." Izuku looked at him, his hands clenched to fists. "Wanna repeat yourself?" he asked before he froze. Shinso smirked. "Now, abou-face, and amble out of bounds," Shinso said. Izuku started walking on his own. Ochako and the others were concerned.

"Deku!" Ochako said, "Don't let him win!" "Deku get out of his control!" Katsuki said. At the edge of the ring, Izuku suddenly stoped, gaining Shinsos attention. "Keep walking!" Shinosu said. He shouted at Izuku to walk out again and again, but Izuku didn't budge at all.

Izukus mindscape.

Izuku sees 7 figures, 2 of which were blacked out. 

"Hello, Izuku. It's nice to finally meet you, grandson." a lady says. "Grandma," Izuku said. 

"There isn't much time, I can already see that you have unblocked the seconds healing, so let me give you another gift, a new quirk, the 5th, it is called black whip."

All Izuku could do is just blink as the rest of his body is nothing but wisp. "You wont have much control over it now so the fifth will handle it right now for you. But you will have to learn to control it, eventually. I know you have many questions right now but we don't have much time right now. Bye kiddo. I hope to see you soon. And tell Inko her mother says hi"

And just as suddenly as Izuku had entered the place, he left it. It was a slight shock but Izuku had no time to panic, he could see himself suspended mid-air with black wisps around him and mic shouting something or the other.

He began to see Shinso looking towards him in shock and immediately a few strands of the black substance rushed over to Shinso, aiming to catch him. The boy tries to dodge and keep away but the whips are too fast and too strong for him. He eventually gets caught by them before his mouth is slowly covered by them.

"You know Shinso, that's a great quirk you have there. I mean look at all the possibilities and all the ways you can use the quirk. Hostage situations, crowd control, etc. I mean it is just a great quirk. Work on your fighting skills and maybe learn to use some sort of capture weapon or something. It will help you in the future, oh, and sorry for the next blow."