Chapter 13: Making Friends

Momo was walking around campus during her free period. She heard some distant sobs somewhere. Momo decided to follow the sound of the sobs until she came to a hallway. As she looked down, she saw Kenshi who was crying.

"Jotaro?" she asked. Kenshi looked up to see her.

"Oh... Hey Yaomomo," he said looking back down.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

A few minutes earlier

Kenshi was minding his own business when a few students blocked his way. "May I help you?" he asked.

"Yea actually, you can," said a blonde haired boy, "The name's Monoma and I've got a problem. You're the source of it. You know that ponytailed girl?" Kenshi was confused but then remembered who he was talking about?"

"Yaomomo?" he asked.

"That's right," Monoma said, "Keep away from her. She's MY girl."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Kenshi said.

"Please, you're just trying to get closer to Yaoyorozu so you can probably date her," Monoma said, "It's obvious, but I like her too. I have a better chance with her than you do."

His goons took Kenshi's bag and threw it on the ground." "You think you're all hot shit because you have a gamer quirk that makes you look cool," said one of them, "Well you're not. Monoma is better than you and you should know your place." Kenshi reached for his bag, but one of the guys kicked it away.

"Low class quirk users like you aren't even fit to be a hero, much less to be around hot girls like Momo Yaoyorozu," Monoma said, "And I'm here to make sure you know your place." He kicked him in the stomach.

Kenshi attempted to get back up but was kicked down once again.

"How can you protect people when you can't even protect yourself?" Monoma said, "You're not worth being a hero." Those words stabbed Kenshi like an arrow.

Flashback over

"Monoma said you weren't worth being a hero?" Momo asked.

Kenshi nodded.

"Don't listen to him, you shouldn't," Momo said.

"Why not?" Kenshi asked.

"Because from what I've seen in fight training a few days back, you're the strongest student."

"No I'm not," Kenshi said, "I'm not as strong as Midoriya or Todoroki"

"

They're strong yes... but you're stronger," Momo said, "You're worth every piece of good things you get. Coming here, meeting friends, this quirk of yours, you're deserving of all of it."

Kenshi looked up to Momo.

"You're strong, smart, and on top of that you're brave," she told him, "Despite being different and worrying that your quirk wouldn't get you enrolled in U.A, you went in and did the entrance exam regardless." He looked at Momo.

"I know sometimes I act like I'm strong, but in reality... I feel like I'm useless," Kenshi said, "People use to make fun of my quirk because its based on video games."

"Look at me," Momo said, "You are not useless. If anything, you have a very interesting quirk, and it can work as both a hobby AND in hero work."

"Really?" he asked.