Chapter 58: To The Rescue

Izuku, Ochako, Katsuki, Camie, Kirishima, and Todoroki were outside of the hospital discussing their plan.

"I see," Todoroki said, "So you managed to place a tracker on one of the villains."

Izuku nodded. "Well, I actually got it from Aizawa who got it from Yaoyorozu. Before taking down one of the villains, he placed it on them. All we have to do is follow that trail."

Ochako nodded.

Later they were on a train to Kamino Ward. While everyone was paying attention to the map on the tracer. Izuku was thinking about what happened at the hospital.

Flashback

"Ma'am, I think it's best that your son stops what he's doing because he might cause more damage to himself than he would on the villains," One of the doctors said, "It's obvious that he's not cut out for this hero work."

Izuku was stunned by these words. Ochako was listening to the conversation. Inko stepped forward and confronted the doctor.

"As a mother, I can agree with what you're saying," Inko began, "Izuku worships All Might and wants to be a great hero just like him. Sometimes I fear that if he follows that man's path, it could be one of blood and turmoil."

She thought about how she watched her son grow up and admire heroes like All Might. She also remembered when he manifested his quirk and met his idol.

"Most days Izuku and his friends often come home with some scrapes, and have dealt with a lot of situations, such as the USJ attack, the incident with Stain, and now this," Inko continued, "So of course I would worry about his well being, and when he gets hurt."

She then remembered the times when All Might and his friends had his back and helped him train his quirk better. She also remembered how she would continue to support Izuku no matter what.

"Sometimes I worry about Izuku's choices and his dream of being a hero, believing its too dangerous," she continued as she looked to Izuku, "But you should realize that my kid...."

She looked at Ochako who was by Izuku's side holding his hand.

"No. My kids chose this path, and despite the dangers that befall them, they always manage to pass through," She continued, "They've helped each other through thick and thin. To tell Izuku to give up being a hero would just break him. Even though I do worry, I cannot bring myself to force them to give up what they love."

Inko showed everyone the letter that Izuku got from Kota.

"Izuku is on the path to becoming a great hero in the future And if this letter doesn't show that Izuku will be a great hero in the future, then I don't know what will."

Izuku was happy realizing that his mother still believed in him despite what just happened. Inko was convinced that her son and surrogate daughter (Unofficial daughter-in-law) would be a great hero.

"I'm sorry, but I won't allow you to make my son's decisions for him," Inko said, "Whether he gives this up or not should be up to him. I'm certain that despite the hardships and challenges, my son will be a great hero! He has my support, and the support of dozens of others."

Izuku smiled and hugged his mother.

"If my mother were still alive today, she would tell him the same thing," Inko said thinking of Nana and smiling.