Chapter 28: Internships and Fighting Styles

Izuku was with All Might in his personal office. All Might was in his less muscular form. "I heard you got the most nominations for hero internships," he said smiling, "It looks like everyone thinks you put on quite a performance in the Sports Festival, especially with your last two matches." (Toshinori Yagi/All Might. Quirk: One For All)

Izuku nodded. "I think those two techniques helped me out though," he said. (Izuku Midoriya. Quirk: Power Stack/One For All) Toshi put his coffee down. "So why did you wanna meet?" Toshi asked.

Izuku looked down to his drink. "During the fights, I was able to use Power Stack+ at 20 percent," he said, "As of now, it's the highest I've ever gone... but despite all that strength, I was still useless against Hayate's high powered attacks."

He remembered how Hayate had torn him apart during his match. "Had it not been for Aizawa, he probably would've finished me off just like that," Izuku said, "And also, there was Todoroki's long ranged attacks. I only evaded them by sheer dumb luck."

He started to remember how he used Black Whip.

"There was also the case with the black stuff that I haven't been able to replicate since then. Though I might know how to learn about it, while I was under Shinso's control, I met Grandma or at least it felt like her. She told me I need to meditate and get more focused so I can train and learn from the previous users of OFA."

Toshi looked at Izuku. "Seems like you're close to a dead end. Though I would like to hear what you've got in mind for the black whip like stuff as it was really out of the blue back there," he said, "Well, there is some good advice I can give you. You'll need a ranged attack of your own."

Izuku looked up. "I've been seeing your progress since the entrance exam training, and after your last two matches," Toshi said, "I think I have an idea."

Later, the two of them were outside, and Izuku was in his gym uniform. "So you want me to go Full Cowling out here?" he asked. "That's right," Toshi said, "Go at the highest percent possible." "Well, like I said, I can only hold it for so long," Izuku explained,

"That's why I'm training at lower percentages so I can learn to hold it for longer periods...."

"Forget about that and just go for it!" Toshi said.

"Ok," Izuku said. He concentrated Power Stack and One For All around his body. '10%.......12%........15%.........18%..........19%' Slowly, he reached 20 percent.

"Now envision yourself in the middle of a battle, then attack as if someone was coming at you," Toshi instructed.

Izuku closed his eyes envisioning himself fighting Todoroki. He saw the ice coming and threw a punch. A strong gust of wind blew some trees down. Izuku was surprised.

"I was gonna teach you this when we got to final exams, but it looks like you need the lesson now," Toshi said, "If you didn't figure this out during the sports fest, you were focusing hard on defense. OFA has started to enhance your birth quirk, Power Stack, giving you the power to generate and weaponize wind pressure."

Izuku remembered how All Might performed all those incredible techniques. "So that's how you're able to do all those smashes," Izuku said to himself. "Exactly, but the only difference is, I haven't been using 100% of my quirk," All Might explained, "If that were the case, I would've caused a great deal of destruction and caused more harm than good." "I see," the green haired hero said.

"Actually, there's another reason why I called you out here," Toshi told the future pro, "A specific someone has their eye on you for an internship." "Who?" Izuku asked.