Chapter 52

Liam and I looked at Felix simultaneously as if we wanted to make sure what we heard was right

"You're a policeman," said Liam.

Felix made a few steps toward us and nodded, handing me my phone.

"I am. What's the matter?" the man asked, looking at Liam.

Liam's eyes flicked over to me. He wanted me to say it. After all, I was the victim.

Victim.

Everything I went through, all the horrid things the word entailed, robbed me of courage for a short while. Then, I decided to be brave. If I was brave enough to seek help and open up to Sophia, I surely had it in me to expose Paul and his malice.

"I...I was attacked yesterday evening. The man tried to rape me, but a couple saw him, and he ran away. I was scared and didn't call the police, but I want to do it now."

Felix frowned. "Do you know the attacker?"

"He's my ex-boyfriend."

Liam hugged me tighter and whispered, "I'm proud of you, sweetheart."

I gave him a small smile and focused on the man who was looking at the screen of his phone before directing his attention back to us.

"Okay," said Felix. "Is there any physical evidence of what the man did?"

I nodded. "I have bruises."

"Right. Well, although it's late, I'm afraid we will have to go to the nearest police station. You need to press charges formally, Sky, so that my colleagues in Paris can act. If you have bruises, we need to document that as well. You will have to tell us everything you know about that individual and the attack. So, are you ready to do it?"

"Yes," I said.

Felix gave us a curt nod. "I'm going to call my wife, and then I'll drive you to the station. Luckily, it's not too far from here."

The man called Amelia. Then, Felix motioned for us to follow him to his car.

Liam and I sat in the back seat. He didn't let go of me, holding me and pressing kisses to my cheek and temple. Liam might have been afraid that I would break down, but I knew I wouldn't. Now, all I wanted was to tell everything Paul did so that I could finally be free of him.

When we arrived at the station, Felix greeted the guard and told us to wait in a room.

A short while later, a woman greeted us and asked Liam to leave.

Reluctantly, he did, leaving me alone with her.

The woman, Chloe, gave me a cup of steaming coffee and proceeded to ask me about Paul and his attempt at raping me.

I told her everything, even what happened in Marseille. I wasn't a fool; I knew they wouldn't be able to gather enough evidence to put Paul in jail for what he did more than a year ago, but if there were cameras in the university area, that, paired with the bruises, would hopefully be enough to put him behind bars.