Chapter 72

I looked at myself in my hotel room mirror and smoothed out the front of my suit jacket once more, earning a chuckle from Aiden

"You look great, man. Seriously. I would marry you if I were into guys."

"Me too, Loverboy. Blondie is lucky. You're quite a catch."

Laughing, I faced the guys. "Thank you. Now I'm definitely less worried about Sky changing her mind and deciding not to do it."

Aiden slapped my shoulder. "I've been there, man. You'll be okay. Sky loves you. There's nothing to worry about. Right, Jim?"

Jim scratched his head. "Well, I don't know. Imagine a hot rock star like me appearing there out of nowhere to whisk Blondie away. After all, she's just a girl."

"So is your girlfriend," I said to Jim, who laughed, giving me a half-hug.

"Liam, you and Sky could light up half of Paris with your chemistry. Better worry about performing well in bed tonight, cause that's something your girl isn't gonna forget."

"Agreed," said Aiden. "But don't worry; we have faith in you."

A timid knock on the door didn't let me answer.  I opened it and saw my grandmother.

"We'll be outside," said Jim. "Holler if you need booze or tissues."

I resisted the urge to flip the guy off as he and Aiden left my room, laughing.

"Come on in," I said to my grandma.

Her eyes glossed over at the sight of me.

"So handsome," she said, smiling. I let her hug me tightly and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you. I hope Sky thinks so, too."

My grandmother laughed. "Boy, the poor thing is shaking with nerves. She's going to run into your arms before you're officially married. That girl loves you with all of that big heart of hers, Liam. I'm so happy for the two of you. You two are a beautiful couple, and a marriage based on love is the biggest blessing a person could ask for."

"Thank you. I'm happy you're here, you know?"

"And I am even happier you let me be a part of your life," my grandmother replied, pinching my cheeks. "Now, let's go. I have to walk you there, am I right?"

I inhaled deeply and left the room, followed by my grandma, whose proud grin didn't slip off her face for a second.

Sky and I were getting married in a beautiful hotel in downtown Paris, close to the Opera Theater. The hall where the ceremony would take place was spectacular, but my frazzled nerves made it hard to focus on the gilded details of the interior or the breathtaking view of the city from the windows. Victim of nervous anticipation, my heart was going a thousand miles per hour.

As I took the first step toward the officiant, accompanied by my grandmother, who gave my arm a reassuring squeeze, I could only think about Sky.

She would be my wife in a matter of minutes, and I had never wanted anything more than to share my life with the girl whose love saved me and gave my life a new meaning.