Chapter 56

The sight in front of me made me exhale and laugh, resting my forehead against the door frame— fucking kids

The sight in front of me made me exhale and laugh, resting my forehead against the door frame— fucking kids. Well, not kids. Teenagers would be a more accurate word. Two boys and two girls, shifting nervously on their feet, eyes darting from me to Sky.

"Who are you?" I asked, fixing my gaze on the guy who looked slightly older than the rest, probably the leader of the gang of little creeps.

"I'm Gaspar. He's Raphael," he pointed at a tall, lanky guy with his hair in dreadlocks, "and the girls are Fleur and Clara."

I studied the group for a silence-filled moment. Fleur was tiny and blond. Her friend, Clara, the opposite- dark-haired and as tall as Raphael. They all looked different, and I still didn't get what they were doing in the dance school and how they got inside.

"Okay, so we need to know what you are doing here, and how many times you came here to watch us. This whole thing is creepy. You're lucky we didn't get the police involved," I said.

"No, man, no police is needed. We're minors so that you know," said Raphael.

"That explains it." I rolled my eyes.

Sky giggled softly and drew an arm around my waist. "I'm Sky," she said to the kids, "and he's Liam. So, can you answer Liam's questions?"

Gaspar exchanged a glance with the other boy and said, "We've been dancing here since we were six, all of us. We're sixteen now. And well, we saw the two of you dance once, through the window from the street. So, we sneaked inside and have been watching you for some time. Okay, for quite a long time."

"How did you get inside?" I asked.

This time, Raphael was the one to answer, "Well, we might have taken Brigitte's key and made a copy. She's so absent-minded she wouldn't notice."

"I've searched everywhere, and I didn't see you. How so?"

One of the girls, Clara, smiled and replied, "We've been hiding in the closet in the storage room. Brigitte keeps costumes and stuff in it, but it's huge. You never opened it cause it's built-in, and it doesn't even look like a closet."

I groaned. "You scared the crap out of us! Couldn't you just approach us? If you wanted to watch, you could've asked us, not that there's anything special to watch."

The tiny girl, Fleur, snorted. "Nothing special? It's like watching Dancing With The Stars, except you choose better music and you have all that chemistry. Are you a couple?"

"Thank you," I heard Sky say. "And yeah, we're together."

I pecked Sky's cheek and refocused on the group. "So, why have you been doing it? Just to watch?"

Gaspar bit his bottom lip and swept his gaze over his friends. "No. We...I don't know how to say it...Well, we wanted to ask you for something; we just didn't know how to do it."