Baby Fever P. 2 (OP)(TFP)

Optimus x Femme!Reader

——————
"Fightin' against all odds, I know we'll be alright this time"
——————

A smile was permanently welded onto my faceplate as I sat, cross stabilizered on the floor, watching my little mechling play with the human children. The sparkling was only a month old, but everyone already loved him. He truly was a gift sent from Primus.

We named him Orion, to commemorate Optimus' old name. It was also my favorite constellation in this galaxy, but I might have had bias. Orion had a lot of his sire's features. We could tell he was going to be tall with audial fins that were almost exactly like Optimus'. He had my helm shape and frame colors, some red splotched in from Optimus. He also had much of Optimus' frame, with differences considering Orion didn't have a secondary form and therefore, none of the custom frame details that Optimus did.

There was a warbled squeal that startled me as I glanced over to see Orion throwing his servos in the air happily. Miko was happily playing with the little mech, playing games popular amongst human sparklings. Orion made a move to stand and I was immediately tensed, ready to lunge forward and catch him if he started to fall. Miko stood with him, despite Orion being a few feet taller than her. He was about 8 feet tall but Miko insisted on trying to be as much of a caretaker as possible.

Miko took Orion's servos in her own and supported him as he balanced himself. I turned to try and catch sight of my sparkmate and saw him traversing the hall towards us from the storage room presumably, he had two cubes of energon along with another smaller cube that he was balancing in his servos. "Optimus!" I whisper shouted once he noted my presence.

He tilted his helm in slight confusion as he came beside me, passing the energon to me to allow him to sit. The base was empty for the most part, Ratchet was at his monitors and Bee was most likely training while Arcee and Bulk were patrolling.

I tilted my helm towards Miko and Orion as Optimus took the cubes from me, except one. He placed the smallest one in front of his stabilizers that were crossed as well, starting to sip his cube. I also started drinking my energon, keeping an optic trained on my son. "You got it!" Miko encouraged as Orion stuck a shaky pede out in front of him. My optics widened and I immediately started smacking Optimus' knee plate, hoping he would understand my excitement. I heard him choke and sputter on his energon a little bit I barely noticed it in my heightened excitement.

"Optimus! Look!" I squealed, continuing to smack his stabilizer until a warm servo firmly covered my own and I froze. The metal clanging from me hitting my mate drew our son's attention toward us and a smile stretched over his dermas. "Oh my Primus! He's so adorable!" I squealed in broken English and Cybertronian. A felt a thumb digit brush my servo, trying to calm me down. When I got overly emotional, I started breaking between English and Cybertronian to the point no one actually knew what I said. It was like the snow static on a TV.

"You want to go to your mommy and daddy?" Miko cooed and I looked at her confused, my excited state falling as I tried to remember the human term.

Optimus removed his servo from mine, once he determined I wouldn't smack him again, and leaned over to whisper into my audial, "Human equivalent of a carrier and sire."

I nodded with a slight shudder as air puffed over my neck cables from him talking, realizing just how close he had gotten to whisper to me. He stayed leaning towards me as we watched Orion start to stagger towards us, his optics were trained on his own pedes but they'd occasionally flick up to look towards Optimus and I, and that's when he would normally squeal or warble something while smiling. My optics were impossibly bright at the overwhelming emotions I was feeling, I couldn't believe this was real.