Baby Fever P.3 (OP)(TFP-RiD)

Optimus x Femme!Reader

A/n: I am crediting this chapter to one of the greatest people and writers I have had the privledge to meet and become friends with. 00SquishySquiddy00 is both an amazing friend and author. I highly suggest checking her out. She helped me plan this out and actually gave me this idea. Onward to the story!

——————
"I would rather wait for you...I'll never love again"
——————

I watched, holding Orion closely, as Optimus took one long last look over us all. My spark was already pulsing with pain, I knew what was coming. With his last words, Optimus pushed every last ounce of love he had for me through the bond before shutting his side so I could feel no more pain with his sacrific.

There was no escaping this. No work around. No contingency plan. This was real, this was happening.

I watched as Optimus flew upwards before flipping and activating his thrusters, heading straight into the Well of Allsparks. I couldn't help it, I ran toward the edge only to have arms wrap around me and pull me back. I was kicking, screaming, crying.

Orion didn't understand what was going on. Orion didn't even bat an optic.

I watched as a million little bright lights, sparks, shot up from the well. One in particular shone brightest, hovering for a moment before shooting off with the others. That was Optimus. And he was gone now.

I dropped to my knees in anguish, putting Orion down while I gripped at the metal ground beneath me. Tears poured from my optics and hit the ground. I couldn't do this. How does one live when their purpose for living has been taken?

"(Y/d), we need to go." Ratchet spoke. I choked on my sobs, lifting my helm to look at the medic. I saw the pain, the grief in his optics. He had just lost his best friend. I did too.

"H-he's gone Ratchet! What purpose do I have?! I-I can't- he promised- this isn't fair!" I shouted, digging my servos into the metal ground. "The good guy never dies. The good guys always win Ratchet! There's always a happily ever after!" I cried, tears pouring from my optics like a waterfall.

"This is happily ever after, as much as we hate to admit it." He murmured. He picked up Orion who was starting to cry upon seeing me. He was almost two years old, he would never understand what happened.

"Where's my happily ever after?! I just lost the one thing in this world that made me feel whole. That made me feel alive. Optimus was the only thing-..." My voice became garbled, mixing with my sobbing.

"You need to stop crying before you go into stasis lock." Ratchet warned, gripping my shoulder plate.

"All I wanted was to live in peace with my mate and son and now I don't even want to live." I growled.

I heard Ratchet vent before pulling a small medical bag from his subspace and kneeling beside me. "Forgive me (y/d), but I cannot watch you fall apart after watching my best, one of my only, friends sacrifice himself." He whispered and I felt a prick in my arm. "It'll be okay." He murmured, voice growing distant as darkness encroached around my vision.

———

I didn't bolt awake like most bots, no I had gotten passed that phase. But what I still did, was look over to my left. And just like it had been for 2 years now, it was empty. Cold.

I vented and turned my attention back to the ceiling. With each day that grew, it felt like I was falling apart more. Normally, once you get through the grieving process you can move on. I never got through the grieving process. For a while, I was angry. Angry at Optimus. At Megatron. At Primus himself.