Reaction: Dictionaries

Sophie: Someone. . . help. . . me. . .

Keefe: Ooh, what's that?

Biana: Keefe! Don't just stare! Help her!

Keefe: What? Why don't you?

Biana: I'm a girl!

Sophie: Help!

Keefe: And? Don't discriminate!

Biana: Men help women! You go!

Sophie: Ugh, great friends you are *drops all the dictionaries*

Fitz: What're the books for?

Sophie: They're dictionaries

Fitz: And that's. . .?

Tam: *rolls eyes* A human thing

Sophie: Correct!

Tam: *sarcastically* Wonderful 

Linh: *tries to read a dictionary* What does that say?

Sophie: It's in English

Dex: Hmm. . .

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "cat: a small domesticated carnivorous mammal with soft fur, a short snout, and retractable claws. It is widely kept as a pet or for catching mice, and many breeds have been developed."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "book: a written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "monkey: a small to medium-sized primate that typically has a long tail, most kinds of which live in trees in tropical countries."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "computer: an electronic device for storing and processing data, typically in binary form, according to instructions given to it in a variable program."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "honey: a sweet, sticky yellowish-brown fluid made by bees and other insects from nectar collected from flowers."

Sophie: Get it now?

Everyone else: No

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "moose: a large deer with palmate antlers, a sloping back, and a growth of skin hanging from the neck. It is native to northern Eurasia and northern North America."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "hope: a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "letter: a character representing one or more of the sounds used in speech; any of the symbols of an alphabet."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "tissues: any of the distinct types of material of which animals or plants are made, consisting of specialized cells and their products."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "spaghetti: pasta made in long, slender, solid strings."

Sophie: So?

Everyone else: They're words

Sophie: *facepalms* OBVIOUSLY

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "bold: (of a person, action, or idea) showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "sticky: tending or designed to stick to things on contact or covered with something that sticks."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "cell phone: a phone with access to a cellular radio system so it can be used over a wide area, without a physical connection to a network; a mobile phone."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "strawberry: a sweet soft red fruit with a seed-studded surface."

Dex: *flips to a random page* It says, "name: a word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred to."

Sophie: Now?

Everyone else: *silent*

Sophie: Dex, read the word dictionary

Dex: *flips to a not-so-random page* It says, "dictionary: a book or electronic resource that lists the words of a language (typically in alphabetical order) and gives their meaning, or gives the equivalent words in a different language, often also providing information about pronunciation, origin, and usage."

Everyone else: OOOOHHHHH

Sophie: Yeah

Everyone else: AAAAHHHHHHH

Sophie: Get it now?

Everyone else: UH HUUUUUHHHHHH

Sophie: Stop it. That's so weird

Everyone else: WE WON'T STOOOOOOPPPPPPPP

Marella: But

Marella: Why do you have like seventeen dictionaries

Sophie: Uhh

Sophie: No reason