Part 8

Hailey POV:

Holy Hell. My sister is here. Well, half technically. We have the same father. She's older than I am. Sara would visit once a year so her mom could get child support. That day is when my father would be on his best behavior. When I turned 18, I stopped visiting. I haven't seen her until now. Wow, she's a doctor. I'm surprised she still goes by Upton. I thought she would ditch the name as soon as she could. I finally said, "You're still going by Upton?" I didn't mean it to sound so hateful, but I'm hella confused. She responds perky as always, "Yeah, I got all my degrees and certifications under it so it would be a bitch to change". I still can't believe she's here. I know she went to college somewhere in the south. Never thought she would come back. She asks me, "So, how have you been?". I ignore the question. I have too many questions for her to answer questions about myself. "How long have you been here?". She gets the message. She goes on to tell me that she's been here for about a year working at Chicago Med. She came after the infectious outbreak. She continues her investigation and concludes that Jane Joe was killed at close range with a gun around 2 in the morning.