Part 40

Kim POV:

Tonight, I was with Adam at his house to help Noah. He's been raising a newborn alone and was raising 4 other kids alone for a while. His attorney, Henry, was at the house on the phone with Sara's attorney, George, to reach an agreement with Noah. Noah was in my arms while we were all at the kitchen table.

George: We have been more than generous. She has given him the house and she's offering summers to Adam.

Henry: Your client is clearly drunk. We are saving you from the pain of a court ruling that she doesn't have full custody.

George: My daughter had one bad night and immediately got help.

Henry: She drove drunk to the store to buy more alcohol.

George: Your client took Noah without informing the mother where he was. Then your client took him to the father's ex-fiancee house to hook up with her.

Henry: My client's affairs are not any of your daughter's business.

George: Except when Noah is included.

Henry: A couple weeks in the summer and holidays.

George: Summers to Adam, holidays and one week in winter.

Henry: 3 weeks in the summer

George: We aren't agreeing to Adam having full custody.

Henry: Then I'll see you in court.

George: Adam gets full custody, but Sara gets a month in the summer, time during the holidays, and no child support either way.

Henry puts the call on hold.

Henry: This is the best offer we are going to get without going to court. In court you could lose it all.

Adam: That's fine.

Henry unmutes the call

Henry: I'll draw up the papers.

The call is over.