044

RINA'S

RINA'S

***

Naba-bother pa rin ako sa perang ginagastos sa akin ni Sevi. The fact that he's already letting me stay in his apartment and he's helping me regarding my treatment is a big deal to me. Pagkatapos ngayon, napapagastos siya sa gamot at sa ballet classes ko.

I don't know but I'm thinking of calling my mother to ask for money... O 'di kaya uutang na lang ako kay Bannie para mabayaran si Sevi.

My mother... I used to just hate her. But earlier, I realized something because of the motivation and support Sevi showed me. Baka kaya ako mag-isa at malungkot, kasi inilayo ko rin naman ang sarili ko. I prefer to shut everyone out, caging myself in a dark and lonely room inside my head.

Suddenly, I saw light because of Sevi. I want to actually see my mother and talk to her. I kinda miss her and the anger and pain I felt because of her, slightly subsided.

Ang laki-laki na ng utang ko kay Sevi. Sa aspeto ng pinansyal at sa aspeto ng utang na loob.

"Stop thinking about the money, Ri. Trust me on this one, okay?"

Napaupo ako sa gilid ng kama ni Sevi mula sa pagkakahiga habang siya naman ay kapapasok lang ng k'warto. He's fresh from shower and the minty smell of his shower gel invaded my nostrils.

"Pero, ang mahal ng ginastos natin sa mall kanina. You even bought my medications and you'll be paying for my classes. Nagiging mas'yado na akong pabigat sa 'yo."

Napabuntong hininga siya dahil sa sinabi ko. His finger raked his disheveled wet hair before he gave me a reassuring smile. "Money isn't a problem here. Just focus on your treatment." Sunod no'n ay tumayo siya sa harapan ko.

He cupped my face to lift my gaze and meet his. The pads of his thumbs caressed my cheeks. "What only matters now is for you to get better. You need to learn to control your compulsions and you need to build your trust and belief for yourself. Lastly, you need to see the goodness in you and maybe then, you will learn to love yourself. 'Yon ang mahalaga sa ngayon, Ri. Mas dapat mong isipin 'yon."

I sighed but later on I nodded. I trust Sevi and every words he will say. If he said that money isn't a problem, I shouldn't push it. Tama siya na dapat mas mag-focus ako sa treatment ko.

"Thank you so much, Sevi."

"You're always welcome, Ri. Higa na tayo?"

Natawa ako nang biglang pumalibot ang mga braso niya sa baywang ko 'tapos ay binuhat ako pahiga sa kama. Parang bata na dinaganan niya ako habang nakatukod ang dalawang kamay niya sa magkabilang gilid ko para alalayan ang sarili niyang bigat.