Chapter 2

Gemma just smirked at the sassy girl. "Come on Miss Sassy Pants." Gemma stated before heading back to the office. Noelle added a little extra sway to her hips as she strutted off behind the older woman. Happy just stared after her, all manner of naughty thoughts swirling in his head. She was quite attractive and curvy in all the right places although she was on the short side. Just short enough to fit into his arms perfectly. He watched the swaying of her hips as she walked behind Gemma and wondered what she was like in bed.

The Queen took the cell number from the burner phone and wrote it on the invoice paper. "I'll call you when your car is ready. The battery should last a good few days if you don't use it much." Gemma told her as she handed it back to Noelle. The younger woman thanked her then left the office. She'd need to find a motel to stay at while she was in town so she walked to where her car was at and opened the back door. Jax was under the hood of the car next to it and glanced up as she leaned inside to grab a bag on the other side of the car. 'Holy fuck!' he thought to himself as he stared her up and down.

She slung the strap around her neck and moved the bag so it was behind her before she began walking out of the parking lot. There were lots of eyes on her as she walked and she knew it. Her only goal was to find somewhere to crash for a few days until her car was fixed then get back on the road to somewhere. She had no real destination in mind when she decided to leave her hometown. All that mattered was getting as far away as she could. Noelle was walking through town trying to find a motel to stay in and didn't realize she was being tailed.

Clay was very suspicious of the young woman. What woman her age didn't have a phone? They were all glued to their phones most of the time! He had Jax go through her luggage to see what he could find out. It made the blond feel a bit icky about going through her things but it was for the good of the club. Most of her bags were filled with clothes and shoes. One also had a few framed photos of the girl with another girl. They appeared to be quite close. There was nothing in her luggage or the car itself that indicated where she was coming from, where she was going, or why she didn't have a phone. Clay wasn't please with Jax's findings so he had Juice dig up what he could based on her license plate.

To her relief, she finally found a motel. Walking in, she realized it was probably not a good motel but she really didn't want to walk for miles to find a place to stay. The creepy older man behind the counter eyed her up and down as she checked herself into the motel, paid in cash, and waited for her room key. Her tail quietly followed her to her room and noted which room she went into before heading back to the clubhouse. When he arrived, he gave all the information he had to Clay who just blew smoke from his cigar out and nodded. Noelle shivered figuring the room hadn't had a proper cleaning in a very long time. She set her bag on the dresser and sat down on the edge of the bed.

She hoped her car would be repaired soon so she could get on up the road and find where she wanted to stay. Leaning back on the bed, she closed her eyes. How had she not realized she was so tired? She woke up with a start, heart pounding in her ribcage, sweat pouring from her forehead, whole body shaking. It was that nightmare again. Then one she's had since that night. There's not a week that goes by that she doesn't have that nightmare at least two or three times. It was one of the many reasons she despised her mother so much.

Looking at the time, she realized it was about time for dinner. Janie and her family would be sitting down to the table right about now for a delicious home cooked meal. That was one thing she was going to miss was Trisha's cooking! She was very grateful that Trisha had taken her under her wing and taught her how to cook and bake. Noelle wanted to be as independent as she possibly could. Trisha had done a good job in teaching her how to budget and manage her money properly. She was very frugal and did her best not to splurge or over spend.