Chapter 35

"It seems they were trying to retaliate for something the Mayans had done to them. How they got us mixed up is beyond me." Clay explained.

"We can't jus' let 'em get away with this!" Chibs exclaimed.

"We won't. But we need to be smart about this. We need to make sure there's no blow-back on us." Jax stated.

"What are you thinking?" Juice asked.

While the boys were in the chapel, Noelle went back to Happy's room to lay down and take a nap. Her nerves were getting the better of her and she thought a nap would do her some good. She fell asleep quickly as she snuggled with his pillow. It smelled so much like him and she loved it. As she napped, she had a nightmare.

Instead of being hit in the shoulder, the other biker hit Happy square in the chest. She watched him fall to the ground gasping for air. She crawled over to him to check on him. Her eyes teared up as she fumbled for her phone to call 9-1-1. The operator told her to put her hands on the wound and apply pressure to try and stop the bleeding. She did as she was told but blood spewed from his mouth as he coughed. He couldn't speak as he continued gasping for air. She felt hopeless as he slowly stopped struggling on the ground. Before the ambulance could arrive, he had slipped away. She screamed loudly.

Noelle sat up with start, her heart pounding in her rib cage, sweat pouring from her forehead, tears streaking down her face. She sat in the middle of his bed hugging his pillow. When church was over, Happy looked around the clubhouse for Noelle. Not seeing her there, he headed to his room. He found her holding onto his pillow in the middle of the bed. He walked over curious as to what was going on. Feeling the bed dip, she looked up.

"You've been crying." He stated.

"I had a nightmare." She quietly told him.

"What about?" He asked.

"You being shot. Only you weren't hit in the shoulder. You were hit in the middle of the chest. I couldn't help you. You...you...you died on me." Her eyes filled with tears again.

"Little girl." He stated as she moved to sit next to him, "It was just a nightmare. I'll heal up from this and be fine."

"I don't want to lose you!" She exclaimed.

He kissed her temple, "You won't, little girl."

She rested her head against his shoulder and he snaked his arm around her waist resting his hand on her hip. They sat in silence for a while until there came another knock at the door. Happy sighed before yelling for whoever it was to come in. The prospect opened the door and asked the pair what they wanted for lunch. He and Juice had been tasked with fetching lunch for everyone he explained. The pair gave their order before the prospect scurried away, shutting the door behind him. The quietness settled in again but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence.

Plans for retaliation were being made by Jax and Clay as they sat together in the clubhouse. The kid who'd shot at Happy and Noelle would be released and they were going to be there when he was so Happy could take his revenge for being shot. Happy didn't tell Noelle what he was going to be doing to that guy. He didn't think it was something she should know about. Shortly before the prospect and Juice returned with everyone's lunch, Happy suggested they head out into the clubhouse and sit with everyone else for a while. She followed him without a word.

Juice and the prospect passed out everyone's food when they returned. People were scattered all over the clubhouse and even a few were outside on the picnic tables. Tig moved to sit with Happy and Noelle as they ate lunch. Tig asked his brother how he was doing making Happy shrug. The SAA reassured them both that they were going to take care of the problem once and for all. Noelle was still worried about Happy's health.

Later that night, Jax, Opie, Chibs, Ratboy, and Juice all head out to "take care of business". Noelle looked to Happy who just nodded silently. Bobby headed home and Clay headed home but told Jax to let him know how things went. Happy sat there drinking his favorite Whiskey while she sat there drinking water. "We should be able to go home tomorrow. I'll have someone escort you to class just to be safe." Happy told her bringing her out of her thoughts. She simply said "Ok" and didn't say anything else. After a while, Happy wanted to go lay down and watch TV. She quickly followed in case he needed help getting undressed.

He happily let her undress him and watched as she delicately folded his clothes and set them on the desk chair. He eased himself into a laying position after grabbing the TV remote. She quicky changed in to her pj's then crawled into bed with him. She gently laid her head on his stomach and threw her arm over his hips. He told her she could scoot up and rest her head on his chest. She did as he told her and threw her arm over his stomach. He wrapped an arm casually around her shoulder before turning his attention back to the TV. They watched TV in silence the rest of the evening, both finally drifting off to sleep to whatever movie had been playing.

Happy's pained groans woke Noelle up from her sleep. He had rolled onto his non-injured side with his back to her. She had curled up behind him with her arm draped over his stomach. Their fingers were laced together as they slept. Seeing how she had woken up brought a smile to her face. Happy's pained groans made her worry even more for him. As he began to stir for the day, he rolled onto his back then rolled his head to look at her. She gave him a warm smile as she looked at him. He grunted something making her smile again. He sat up and swung his legs off the bed.

"I need to see how things went last night." He told her.

She climbed out of bed to help him get dressed for the day. He growled when he felt her hands sliding down his chest and abdomen. She looked up at him curiously. "You're driving me crazy." he explained making her smirk at him. She was learning his buttons and it made her proud. Once he was dressed, he headed out into the clubhouse to see what he could find out about what went down the previous evening. Jax was sipping on a cup of coffee with Bobby when Happy walked over. Noelle quickly got dressed and headed into the clubhouse. The prospect brought her a cup of coffee as she sat at the bar.

Jax told them they had dealt with the Black Riders and shouldn't have any more trouble from them. The guy who'd shot at them would be getting out of the hospital that day. The blond told Happy that he was having Chibs and Juice pick him up in the van and would be taking him straight to the cabin. Happy nodded in understanding. The kill was his. It was his retaliation for shooting him and scaring his 'ol lady. Noelle and the prospect were chatting about random things while Happy was getting the information he wanted. Chibs walked up and had a seat with Noelle at the bar. The prospect brought him a cup of coffee as the Scotsman was greeting Happy's 'ol lady.

Happy walked over and told the prospect to follow Noelle when she left to head to school making the prospect vigorously shake his head not wanting to piss off the Killah. Chibs chuckled at the reaction before taking a sip of his coffee. Noelle just nodded at her 'ol man before he walked away to have a seat with Jax and Bobby. Noelle and Chibs got to talking about Chibs' homeland before she had to get going. She went to their dorm room to get her school bag and camera bag and headed back into the clubhouse. She nodded at Happy who nodded back before she left to walk to her car. The prospect quickly followed her outside and hopped on his bike to follow her to her school.

A/N: Please review and vote below!