Chapter 29

Happy never thought the day was going to come. Her eighteenth birthday. They had been living together for a long while now. He even had most of his clothes at her place. They kissed all the time at the house where no one could see them. They cuddled at night when they went to bed. She cooked breakfast and dinner for them most days. Sundays he called in for Chinese food and they watched horror movies together.

He had driven her to and from school when her leg was in a cast in her car. It saddened him when she no longer needed him to drive her after her cast came off. He really liked her needing and depending on him for some reason. Chibs always told him it was because he cared deeply for Noelle and had slowly fallen in love with her. Happy didn't want to acknowledge that his brother might be right as he grunted then finished off his beer and walked away. Chibs had just shook his head at how stubborn the Tacoma Killah really was.

Hearing that Noelle's birthday was close, Gemma decided she wanted to throw a party for the girl. She showed up at her house one evening a few days before her birthday to ask her to come by the clubhouse at a specific day. Noelle realized it was her birthday and wondered why Gemma wanted her at the clubhouse. The Queen made her promise to come by. After Gemma had left, she called her boss asking for the night off since she didn't know what was in store for her that night. Since she was always dependable and such a good employee, he granted her request.

The day of her birthday, Noelle woke up in a bit of a funk. Josh and Trisha and Janie always made a big deal out of her birthday since her mother never did. She missed the small family. Chibs urged Happy to get Noelle a gift for her birthday. The Killah shook his head and said he already had something planned for her. The medic tilted his head to the side wondering what Happy had planned for her. Gemma had the prospects help her decorate the clubhouse for the party making Clay roll his eyes. He didn't understand why his wife was going all out for the girl when she wasn't really apart of the club.

She huffed and said she was practically Happy's 'ol lady making Clay mutter something about kids not being fit to be 'ol ladies. She had some of the crow eaters help her cook a huge meal for everyone then transport it to the clubhouse in preparation for the evening's festivities. Happy had remained at the clubhouse all day working on two cars. Noelle had gone to school that morning after having breakfast by herself. Happy had left before she had even woken up and she wondered why. It didn't help her funky mood.

Close to time for Noelle to arrive at the clubhouse, Happy started to get a little anxious. He hoped she would agree to what he wanted to do. Chibs watched Happy keeping an eye on the driveway for her. The medic didn't understand why Happy was fighting himself on how he felt about Noelle when everyone knew how he felt. Noelle was his 'ol lady whether he wanted to admit it or not. When he saw her pull into the lot, Happy took a deep breath. Noelle parked, locked her car, and slowly walked towards the clubhouse. Gemma was in the kitchen making the last minute preparations as she entered the clubhouse.

"Happy birthday, lass!" Chibs immediately stated as he got up off his stool and gave her a hug.

"Thanks. What is all this?" She inquired.

"Happy birthday, Noelle!" Gemma stated as she exited the kitchen, "This, sweetheart, is your birthday party."

"You didn't have to do this." Noelle stated.

"Nonsense, lass. You're family and it's your birthday. We're happy t' celebrate with you." Chibs told her with a smile.

While Noelle was chatting with Chibs and Gemma, Happy looked her over. She always seemed to pull off any look she tried. And she always looked good no matter what she did. The boots added a bit of biker to her look which he really liked. She looked around the clubhouse when Gemma went back into the kitchen briefly. She caught his eye so he smiled at her briefly making her smile back. He nodded his head towards his table making Chibs smile at the gesture.

 He nodded his head towards his table making Chibs smile at the gesture

Chibs followed suit and sat down with the pair. Happy quietly wished her a happy birthday. She thanked him just as quietly. Juice was quick to walk over when he saw her and wish her a happy birthday. She smiled up at him and thanked him earning a wide smile in return. Happy wasn't thrilled with how the IO was smiling at Noelle and growled lowly. It made Chibs laugh at how Happy got when he perceived someone flirting with her. Gemma exited the kitchen and announced dinner was ready.

People stood in line to make their plate, letting the women go first. Lyla wished her a happy birthday as she hugged Noelle after they made their plates. Tara wished her a happy birthday as they exited the kitchen. She had a seat where she had been sitting with Chibs and Happy. She waited on them to have a seat before digging into her dinner. Chibs asked her how her schooling was going and what all she was learning. Happy sat there listening to her tell the Scotsman all about her schooling. He was proud that she was learning stuff and seemed to like going to school.

After dinner, Gemma made a small speech in wishing Noelle a very happy eighteenth birthday which made all the bikers cheer loudly for her. She blushed as they hollered and cheered. The Queen told her to enjoy the party as the music cranked up. Chibs got up and went to his room to fetch the gift he'd gotten her. When he returned and handed it to her, Happy had to chuckle at the surprised expression on her face. She opened it up to reveal various accessories to the camera he'd bought her. She thanked him profusely making him smile at her.

Bobby walked over to wish her a happy birthday and hand her a card. She thanked him as he bent down to hug her. Inside the card she found two one-hundred dollar bills. After reading the card, she slipped the money into her pocket so she wouldn't lose it and put the card in the bag with her camera accessories. Jax walked over a little while later to wish her a happy birthday making her smile at him. She thanked the blond who just smiled back then nodded at Happy. Drinks began to flow, the music was cranked up, and people were laughing and relaxed.

Noelle's foul mood was dissipating as she sat there watching everyone having a good time at her party. She still couldn't believe that Gemma had put this together for her. It was almost like what Trisha would have done for her. Gemma eventually called out that the cake was ready to be cut and passed out. The SAMCRO Queen gave the first piece to Noelle after she blew out the candles. Everyone cheered again making the young woman blush as she sat back down. Happy just watched her taking everything in. She was legal for him now. Could he really go through with what he was planning? Seeing her chatting with some of his brothers confirmed to him he was making the right decision.

Gemma looked over to Happy to see him watching Noelle chatting with Kozik, Tig, and Ratboy. The look on his face made her smile. The Killah's feelings for the young woman was more than evident even if he didn't want to admit it to himself. She knew that Noelle was the woman for Happy and wondered when he was going to ink her. Happy was slowly sipping on his beer while his brothers all got trashed. Tig began hitting on her which annoyed Happy to no end but amused Chibs. Happy nearly stood up to confront Tig but Noelle finally had enough and told Tig she wasn't interested and for him to leave her alone.

Tig huffed and walked away. "Good, little girl." Happy grunted making Chibs laugh. As the party raged on, Happy finally decided it was now or never. He stood up and told Noelle to follow him. She did as he told her to and followed him back down the corridor to the dorm rooms. It confused her as to what they were doing but she wasn't going to say anything. He opened up his dorm room and walked inside. She followed and he told her to shut the door. Once the door was shut, he told her to sit on the bed. It was then she noticed some sort of kit sitting on the desk.

A/N: Please review and vote below!