Chapter 51

Around her eighth month, Gemma threw her a small baby shower. Some of the other 'ol ladies joined in too. Noelle wasn't expecting people to buy gifts for the baby. She wasn't really sure what to expect at a baby shower since this was her first. The games Gemma had them playing after they had a quick lunch had everyone laughing and in good spirits. Prizes were given out. Some were cute, others were meant to be funny. Everyone was having a good time.

After they had cake, Gemma declared it was time to open gifts. Noelle didn't know what to do as she sat there and let Gemma hand her gift after gift. She received a brand new car seat, a nice playpen, several baby toys, some bath toys, a bundle of spit rags, a homemade quilt to use as a blanket when putting the baby on the floor, and a breast pump. Noelle had mentioned to Gemma she planned on breast feeding if she could so the Queen knew she'd need a pump. She thanked everyone for their gifts as the party wound down. Everyone hugged her and rubbed her belly making her giggle.

When she was ready to leave, she and Gemma loaded up her car together. Noelle wasn't sure if everything was going to fit or not but they got everything in there. The pair hugged before Noelle took off for home. Her maternity leave would be starting in a few weeks and she couldn't wait. She'd have about a week and a half off before the baby was scheduled to arrive then she'd have several weeks off before needing to return to work. While Noelle was at Gemma's enjoying her baby shower, Happy was at Teller-Morrow trying to convince Jax to let him babysit his kids a couple times.

"I promise I'll lock my guns up and put away all my pornos. They'll be fine." Happy exclaimed.

"No. Who knows what they'd come back knowing." Jax stated making Tig and Juice laugh.

"Come on, brother. I need the experience." Happy stated.

"You'll be fine, Hap." Jax patted his shoulder making Happy huff.

The trio of men watched Happy storm off to the car he'd been working on before their smoke break. The closer it got for the delivery, the more anxious and nervous he became. Thoughts plagued him. What if he didn't know what to do? How was he supposed to hold the baby? How was he supposed to help feed the baby? How did you change a baby's diaper? How was he supposed to bath the baby? All these questions and more kept floating in his head and it was making him anxious and angry. Jax, Tig, and Clay left for some club businesswith Alvarez so Happy took the chance to head over to talk to Chibs.

"Chibs, can we talk?" Happy kept his voice low like he didn't want anyone to hear him.

"Always, Hap. What's wrong?" Chibs set his wrench down.

"I don't know what I'm doing. How am I supposed to know what to do when it comes to this baby?" Happy confided in his friend and brother, "I'm good at two things. Torturing people and killing people. Not handling babies."

"Listen, instinct will kick in when you see that little bundle o' joy for the first time. No one knows what they're doin' when it comes t' raising children. Do what you think is best for the child. Noelle will be there t' 'elp ya too, remember that." Chibs stated.

"I know. But I mean...how do I hold him? How do I feed him? Bathe him? Change his diaper?" Happy's voice held something Chibs had never heard from the Killah before.

Uncertainty.

"Lad, the nurses at the hospital will show ya how t' 'old 'im and feed 'im. I'm sure they'll teach ya 'ow t' change 'is diaper t'. Don't worry, you'll be fine." Chibs gave Happy's shoulder a squeeze.

When he came home that evening, he stopped in his tracks. There was baby stuff everywhere in the living room and Noelle was nowhere to be seen. He stepped over some baby toys as he made his way through the house, carefully taking out his gun in case he needed it. The door to the bathroom in the hallway opened up and she stepped out of it. Seeing Happy standing there frightened her and she screamed as she pressed her hands to her rapidly beating heart.