XXXVI

"Oh, this is unusual? This is a new soldier who got into my squad, Yumi Akazuki." – Ichinose answered back

"Her family is the strongest alive in both worlds, they are basically gods, we shall not doubt their ability. And besides, Lucy is more powerful than her parents and brother." – Ichinose boast proudly as his smirk plastered on his arrogant face

"Don't be so proud like you're showcasing your own girlfriend. Idiot." – Lucy said as she looks at Ichinose with disdain eyes, but he knows Lucy is just joking and being playful that he could not help but laugh out loud.

"Then I challenge her to a hand-to-hand combat." – she smirked making Lucy raised a brow in annoyance

"Challenge me in strength, agility, and speed. If I win you have to stay away from the General since you aren't good enough for him."

"What an idiotic human being." – Lucy sighed raising her right hand to stop Ichinose from ranting and scolding the foolish human

"What do I get in return if you lose, foolish human?" – Lucy intended to provoke her to make her lose her composure

"Tch, like I'll lose. Then if I lose... I'll let you decide, as long as it's not immoral or against the law." – she declared confidently.

"I accept. The first to be knockdown is the loser." – Lucy replied back with an indifferent tone which irked Yumi.

The soldiers form a wide circle enough for the women to combat each other to their heart's content, Ichinose acts as a referee. Yumi and Lucy stand five feet away from each other, a perfect distance to either attack or defense or retreat by dodging the opponent's attack. Ichinose raises his left hand signaling the combatants to get ready and in the count of three, he yelled "start" as his left hand promptly descend.

Yumi immediately takes her stance then fired away towards Lucy with her fist ready to attack but with one look from Lucy, she is down in a blink of an eye. Yumi didn't know how or what happened, the only clear is she is down laying on the sand staring and blinking her eyes as her mind went in dazed.

"Boom!"

Some of the soldiers who are excellent at fighting saw Lucy's offense movements towards an attacking Yumi. Lucy hit her focal point right on her abdomen knocking out Yumi's air, Lucy didn't use her full strength only a tenth of it as it's not worth using to foolish and prideful human-like Yumi. Ichinose declared Lucy as the winner of this fight, Yumi tried to stand up, keyword tried, she crouched down hugging her aching abdomen as tears cascading. Yumi already knows how she lost, it's disgrace to herself and her family, who produce outstanding military officers, even if they're woman or man.

"Sugoi!" – some whispered out loud

"Did you guys see her movement? It's amazing!"

"You are too prideful; a soldier's pride lies in their strength and power for protecting their country not boasting and using your skills or your refined body into a seduction for a man. Just because you're amazing at being part of Ichinose's squad does not mean there is no one higher than you. I could've killed you earlier if I wanted to, but I won't because that'll be going back on my word and there are too many people I care about here." – Lucy scolded Yumi as she cries her eyes out and nodding her head listening to Lucy's words very intently, Lucy becomes her idol, unknowingly to Lucy.

"Does that include me?" – Ichinose tease which causes Lucy to blush slightly

"Who knows."

"You are one of my mates after all."

"What's a mate?" – he asked making Lucy's eyes widen cutting of their mind link immediately

"Holy crap! I didn't think my mind was still connected towards yours after I sent you the telepathic message earlier... I could say it's like a really close friend." – Lucy sighed nervously rubbing her temples at the mistake she made.