XLIV

Lucy walks towards her room as the memory of an earlier event with Hayato came back hunting her mind. She sighed hopelessly remembering her words to him Lucy's heart clenched painfully, she knows undoubtedly that if one of the mates does not wish to be mated with the fated partner then that person would have no choice but to let them go. Lucy wanted all of her mates to be happy and choose her freely of their volition, she doesn't want to force herself to them as it goes against the freedom she was seeking before when she ran away from the constricting noble life. Lucy walked into her room and closed the door taking off her hair tie letting her golden strands fall free.

"You finally came home." – she heard a deep familiar voice causing her to look up with a gaping mouth and widen her eyes.

"Why did you... more like how you did..." – Lucy tilted her head in confusion as she stares at his deep golden eye.

"I came moments after the incident thinking you came straight home, but I must say this bed is one of the most comfortable things I have ever felt."

"It's because I used the wool from my celestial friends, Aries, it's one of the most comfortable things in the whole universe." – Lucy sat down beside him

"The eldest Asahina allowed me into your room since I am your mate, I'm sorry for intruding without your permission, Lucy." – he smiles which was the first expression Lucy ever seen from the youngest Saki.

"Did you not hear what I said before at the school?"

"I heard it loud and crystal clear, but you didn't wait for me to say something back to you, like you said before it's my life, so I will dictate my life whatever I want (Hayato grabbed her face gently) I like you and I have nothing against being your mate. What you showed earlier did not scare me one bit it only made me more interested to get to know you better like how Natsu know you."

"I was scared that I messed up everything (Lucy leaned more into his touch frowning) I don't want my mates to be scared to be with someone like me, I don't want all of you to take the fate of not destined to be with a human."

"And that is where you are wrong, you are human no matter what (Hayato pulled Lucy into his lap which she found the thing in common for the brothers, despite them not being with women they sure are clingy). You shouldn't think so lowly of yourself from what another individual has to say about you, we accept you whole-heartedly, don't forget that."

"Arigatou." – Lucy smiled placing her head on his chest feeling him run his hands through her smooth golden blonde hair.

"So, what are you going to do now?"

Hayato asked as he hummed feeling contented in the moment of peace, he wishes this moment would last forever with no interruption, but he knew that Lucy belongs not only to him but to everyone and he has six more mates to share her with. His head already throbbing from pain thinking of ways to get Lucy's attention shortly when all of her mates are mark.

"Well, I was hoping to see you today after the incident, but I didn't expect it'll take you that long to come home, do you have extra clothes I can borrow for the night?"

"Cuddle night!" – Lucy sparkled in excitement as she places her hands on his shoulder, a light was shown glowing and he was now changed out of his uniform to a white t-shirt with sweatpants.

"Did you eat the pudding I gave you?"

"I have tried it and it was perfectly made; my brother has called me earlier about it too." – Hayato chuckles as they ended up laying down on Lucy's super comfortable bed as she switches on the tv with the remote and his arms wrapped securely around her waist snuggling deeply in her neck.