XLV

Chapter 45

"Every morning she would have to run a hundred laps and give over two hundred push-ups just to get her physical strength to be up. I practiced sword skills so, I had to at least half of that exercise and that is even a quarter of Lucy's training before, it was hellish for the sake of being hellish." – the listening soldiers could only feel their souls flying in the air from the shock and worry if their general has chosen to harden their training like how Lucy's training is.

"Oh, well thanks for the pudding, and nice to meet you, Natsu. I'm Ichinose, one of Lucy's mates."

"Nice to meet ya, Ichinose."

"Of course, I did promise I'll give you something I made anyways, by the way, I have a question to ask about Akito."

"What is it?"

"Ever since the day of the ball Aki-chan has ignored all my calls and hasn't eaten with Masaomi and me at the hospital. I did want to teleport into his area to see if he was fine, but Masaomi said he was, and it only confused me more. Do you know why he is avoiding me like a plague?"

"He never told you?"

"Told her/ me what?" – Lucy, Happy, and Natsu's voice combine into one

"Akito has a fiancée his father set him up with after the last ball and he accepted him willingly, but I'm pretty sure that Akito's father left him with no choice on the matter."

The trio fairies' eyes widen in shock and disbelieve, a mate bond is two-way ends it does not go only one-way end. Both fated partners are intertwined in more ways than one and that includes feelings, and so Akito accepting his father's proposal of arrange marriage means to Lucy is that Akito has ignored their connections since the very start and does not acknowledge it.

Natsu hugs Lucy from behind while Happy holds her hand tightly for assurance and comfort, they know Lucy's thought especially Natsu, he had little bits of knowledge about mating but Akito accepting a marriage is an outright denial of his fated partner. Even if Akito doesn't know better, he must have noticed his feelings and connection with Lucy, however, Natsu is still not used to the ways of Earth thinking about love and fated partner.

"Lucy"

"He got a fiancée and ignored me after all this time, I should be happy for him at least, yet I feel as though I now have to break our sacred connection together."

"W-What are you talking about? Sacred c-connection?"

"You have a small mark behind your right ear correct? Considering everyone knows the story of the Dragon's Guardian, it's a true story that happened before in the early era where chaos is still 'popular'. Queen Miyuki is my ancestor and her history had repeated itself with me, apparently, I am the next victim of having seven mates and have to experience hardship together with seven mates. To keep it short, you are one of my mates, including Akito."

"Mates, as in lovers or marriage?" – he raised a brow as Lucy nodded her head in response then suddenly Lucy's world is spinning, round, round, whirling until she got so dizzy that she wants to puke.

"THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS I EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE!"

Ichinose couldn't help but laugh and scream in joy hearing those words came out from his beloved's plump lips. He felt so joyous being her mate would be the best thing that ever happened to him, Ichinose even questions what he even did in his past life to have a goddess as his mate for life.

"Wow, I didn't expect him to accept that fast (Happy said once Lucy is put down trying to ease down the spinning world) but what are you going to do about Akito, Lushiee? I honestly thought that he liked you when I saw him take you to his family's party."