LI

"I...I... are you sure that I'm your mate, Lucy-san?"

"I'm never wrong when it concerns the well-being of important people in my heart and life, so, I'll ask again Akito-san, what is your choice? Will you be my official mate or stay with your fiancée? It's fine with me if you choose the latter as long as you choose what your heart is telling you to do then I'll respect it and erase our bond."

Hearing those words from his beloved woman's mouth made his heart leap with the sudden joy and happiness he only felt when his mother was still alive. Akito thought when he heard about Lucy having mates and a powerful future queen, he wouldn't stand a chance to be with her... hell, their status is earth to heaven. So, when Akito's father proposed an engagement with Ayumi Dezuka, Akito agrees unhesitatingly, and to create a life with Ayumi he chooses to ignore Lucy. Akito wants to forget his feeling for the sunshine of his life, the melody of his heart, Lucy's brilliant light make it the best life for Akito, but it always comes a time when a human heart must learn to let go.

"Ever since I was little, I avoided people or get attached with a person after losing my mother, I was scared to fall in love and make friends more because I didn't want to lose anyone anymore, and what is the best way to do that by just avoiding everyone. I always kept things to myself and listened to others on the sideline not knowing I was, no, I'm slowly losing myself. On the day I met you it was like my mother wanted me to experience the emotions called hope and happiness, and ever since then, every word she said to me has been right since I met you, Lucy. From the days we talked, the days we laugh, and the days we ate, I cherished every single one of them. It hurts the more I stay away from you and ignored you, the more pain I feel because you are the only person who can bring a smile out of my heart. I'm sorry for everything, Lucy, please don't give up on me and don't let me go yet. Give me one more chance to prove to you that I'm worthy to be your mate."

"Akito..." – she whispered lovingly that Akito's eyes started to tear up flowing down his face one by one staring at Lucy's eyes longingly.

"I love you..." – Akito choked on his sob that escaped from his mouth as tears continues streaming down his face, Ayumi screamed in protest at how ridiculous for Lucy to snatch his fiancé as she starts to march towards Lucy but was held back by a soldier acting as a guard. Ichinose signaled the soldier to drag the hysterical woman out of the party, the other guests ignored her while the reporters in the venue take lots of pictures and videos of it.

"I've always loved you since the day I saw you, the warmth that surrounds you reminds me of the warmth of mother's love. It's the exact feeling I got whenever you came to visit the hospital and whenever you call out my name. It brings a warmth that I've been missing all this time, so please give me another chance to be by your side again."

"You don't have to prove anything to be worthy of being my mate, all I need is to hear the words that came from heart and soul; a sincere answer to decide whether you would like to stay at my side or not. I'm so happy to hear it, Aki-chan." – Lucy couldn't believe the lightness she's feeling in her heart, all the anxiety and pain she's been feeling since she found out the engagement between Akito and Azumi has been gone to smoke. The ivy green string attached itself towards Akito's heart where his future dragon mark will be placed soon, its string symbolizes the resilience of nature and its eternal cycle of life.

Everyone applause their congratulations towards Lucy and the others, a portal opened in the middle of the celebration and rowdy exciting voices come out from it. The rest of the light guild in Fiore was invited by Acnologia and Layla to surprise their beloved daughter as these past few days had been hard on her. They thought it might cheer her up whether it goes well for her tonight or not, at least she won't feel alone and heartbroken.