XLVIII

"Lushiee can also make a lot of delicious food and flavored madeleine cookies!" – Happy exclaimed quite happily

"Oh right, I've noticed that you haven't mated with Ryosuke, right? I thought you would've when you all went down on Earthland." – Yuusuke tilted his head

"Well... I did a lot of things in Earthland that causes me to lose my conscience for a few hours I think... and there was a party... then I and Natsu mated because this guy couldn't wait anymore... afterward, it was time for us to come home, so yeah, we haven't completed the mating part. Happy was lucky that he could stay with one of my kin who I look to as my daughter, and Ryosuke lived with other kin who I look up to as a brother."

"As a daughter? You are young what are you talking about?" – Fuuto raised a brow

"Kin is marked as a family; she is not Lucy's biological daughter. She, no, we have looked after her since she came to the guild. Which reminds me, Luce, we need to figure out when she can visit here?" – Natsu answered Fuuto questioned then look at Lucy who looks up to him as she sighs and scrunched her eyebrows thinking.

"Why not next week we aren't doing anything." – Happy suggested munching on one of the cookies thinking 'would be better to taste like fish...'

"That's right this weekend your company was invited to the ball due to the last incident, Natsume has come by at that time and told us about it plus it was broadcasted to the whole country... maybe." – Louis added

"We also heard that Akito would be there with his family, so it's a chance for you to tell him that he is one of your mates." – Masaomi smiled

"Yes, he will with his fiancée." – Lucy grumbled in pain rolling her eyes at the irritations she feels in her heart remembering that Akito does not belong to her and that he chooses to ignore his growing bond with her to be with his fiancée. The others, especially Masaomi, are shocked to their core, Masaomi knows his friend's growing emotions towards the certain blonde he could still remember when Akito told Masaomi of his growing feelings towards her with passion in his eyes as it sparkles in delight and joy.

"Luce, I told you before, there must be a reason why he accepted this... this arrangement marriage, I don't know him or even meet him, but there is one thing I am sure that is true. And that is fate. Akito is fated to be by your side, to be your guardian knight, to be our side loving you and protecting you until the end. The bond with all eight of us is unbreakable and unchangeable. Ask him, talk to him before you decide to break off the bond between you two." – Natsu pleaded strongly against Lucy's decision and theory of Akito ignoring the growing bong between them. The bong that was created since their first meeting has been solidifying and getting stronger as their love for each other is strengthening while the red string of fate tightened their souls together creating a woven web of unifying power called love.

They talked for a while before saying goodnight to each other, and yet, Lucy's overthinking overloaded her mind with worry about Akito's predicament that put her sleep into eyes open mode. Natsu and Happy could only sigh at Lucy overthinking everything again, this always happened whenever she can't solve a problem easily that it crowded her mind with what-ifs and outcomes that haven't happened yet.

"Lushiee, you are a great person, don't give up on him just because he has a fiancée, you guys were friends first and always has been since the first time you two met, so don't look so down. You still have time to confess, he is your mate, if he rejects you then we will share the pain with you, and then we'll kill him. You deserve to be happy, Lushiee and I am not going to let some business deal ruin that." – Happy declared quite bravely that she was mistaken that he will surely kill him, but then again, Happy is way too pure to kill someone, it's Natsu that she worries about.