Chapter 49

Draco's POV

      When I see the goblin enter the dining room I wait for Alexis to join him. It takes a minute but eventually, she's back at my side.

       I can't say anything and neither can she, but the expression on her face tells me everything I need to know.

                 At least that's what I thought.

         Out of the corner of my eye I see Harry and Gabriella peeking their heads over the stairs. Immediately I hold my breath and hope that they're not seen.

                              Why are they still here?

            "Liar!" Bellatrix slices into the goblin's skin.

     Alexis flinches slightly and I want so badly to hold her but know it's not the right time.

         "Now what are we going to do with this one?" Bella walks over to Granger on the floor and giggles.

        All of the sudden, Gabriella jumps up from the staircase and starts racing towards the middle of the room.

        "Get away from her!" She screams as she raises her wand to disarm Bellatrix.

        Potter joins at Gabriella's side and they both start shooting spells at the snatchers around the room.

       That's when I see Alexis move in front of them. Without thinking I follow and watch as she pretends to aggressively fight against them. The look on their faces tells me they know it's just for show.

                     "Stop it!" I hear a shout from behind.

        Gabriella's eyes grow big and she lowers her wand quickly. I turn around and see Bella holding a knife to Hermione's neck.

                     "Drop it." Gabriella snaps at Harry.

        He does just as she says and they both raise their hands up high.

                       "Grab their wands, Draco." My aunt snaps.

         I pick them up off the ground and move to the side, pulling Alexis with me. When I look back at Potter I notice his face starting to go back to normal and my palms start to sweat.

                    "Well well," Bellatrix mutters. "Is that Harry Potter?"

         In my peripheral vision I see Alexis biting her lip aggressively. She's trying to think of another plan but everything seems impossible now.

                               "Just in time for The Dark Lord."

          My mother had mentioned he was going to be here soon but I didn't think she was serious. Maybe she didn't think so either. Now that Harry Potter is here though, he's going to come.

                               "Call him, one of you."

        Bella looks back and forth and Alexis and I, waiting for one of us to do as she says. When I don't do it instantly, Alexis lifts up her sleeve.

          My head snaps in her direction and I watch as she stares down at the mark on her arm, completely terrified.

        I've seen my father call The Dark Lord multiple times and it's only made me more scared of it. But I'd rather it be me than her.