Chapter 1

Alexis' POV

       "Do I really have to transfer?" I whine. "All of my friends are at Beauxbatons."

     My father lets out a heavy sigh. "Unfortunately, this is the way it has to be."

      Even though I am dreading going to Hogwarts, I know there's nothing we can do. I don't blame my dad, either. He would do anything for me to get out of this.

          "Do you have everything?"

       I nod and show that all of my bags are packed. My father grabs them from behind me and I follow him out the door.

         "And remember," He turns and looks me in the eye. "Stay away from Mr. Malfoy."

                I roll my eyes.

     My father moves closer and shoots me a glare. "Just because you're a Slytherin doesn't mean you should be involved with wizards like him."

     "I know, dad." I chuckle. He pulls me in for a hug.

                  "I love you."

~~~

      The train ride to Hogwarts isn't as bad as I thought. My father made me sit in the same compartment as him but I'm not complaining; I don't think I'm ready to face students yet.

     "Professor Snape, It's nice to see you again." I turn towards the person standing in the doorway.

      My dad looks the man up and down. He nods his head trying to be polite.

       "So it's true, your daughter is finally going to be joining Hogwarts."

       The man's eyes move to me. The light from the hallway reflects off of his long blonde hair. My father doesn't say a word, so I introduce myself.

            "Alexis Snape, sir." I say with a smile.

       "Lucius Malfoy. A pleasure to finally meet you."

      A lump in my throat forms. I turn to my father who is still giving Lucius a glare.

           Is this the Malfoy he warned me about?

      "Will I see you at the meeting tonight?" Lucius keeps his eyes locked with mine.

       "No," My father blurts out. "She will not be involved with him."

     Lucius shrugs his shoulders then exits the compartment.

Draco's POV

       Another year at Hogwarts. I don't even know why I'm here. There's no reason for me to be wasting my time in Charms class at a time like this.

      The only plus is that I'm away from Malfoy Manor. Over the summer The Dark Lord would show up at random times. I couldn't sleep in fear of waking up to his yelling.

      "Did you hear about the new girl?" I snap back to reality and look at Zabini.

       "Why would I care about a new girl?" I spit.

      Parkinson smiles proud. She's not the reason I said that, though. I could care less about Pansy. The only reason I hang around her is so she doesn't throw a tantrum.

      "Someone said her dad works at the school." Nott slides into the seat next to me.

     "I didn't know Filch had a daughter." Parkinson laughs to herself.