Chapter 7

Alexis' POV

      The second I wake up the pain in my head hits me. There are only a few things I remember from last night.

1. Pansy kissing draco

2. Me kissing Theodore

3. The first shot & how awful it tasted

       I slam my pillow over my head hoping the pain will magically go away but it doesn't. Hopefully, I'm not the only one who got completely trashed last night. Actually if I remember correctly, Aubrey was with me most of the time.

                  "Aubrey, are you in here?"

     I hear a groan coming from the opposite side of the room.

              "How are you feeling?" I ask sympathetically.

         "I'm never drinking with you again." Aubrey huffs.

     Suddenly, my pillow is pulled from my face and I feel sunlight burn my eyelids.

                         "What the fuck?" I hiss.

      When my eyes finally adjust I see Luna hovering over my bedside.

                 "You are wild, Miss Snape." She chuckles.

        I try to recover my memory but only bits and pieces become clear. Do I feel awful for kissing Theo and causing a scene? Yes, but I would probably do it again to see the look on Draco's face.

                   It was absolutely priceless.

      Luna snaps her fingers in front of my face. "I hate to bring bad news, but your dad is looking for you."

           "Oh this is going to be hilarious." Aubrey snickers.

       I pick up my pillow and throw it at her face and she flicks me her middle finger. Slowly, I crawl out of bed and find something to wear before heading upstairs to my father's office. As soon as I enter the classroom he greets me abruptly.

        "I see you had an irresponsible evening?" He says in a serious tone.

      I rub my temples aggressively trying to process his words.

              "It's too early for this conversation, dad."

     His eyes narrow. "Is this how you're going to act now?"

       I lean my head back dramatically and groan. When I don't reply my father lets out a heavy sigh.

       "I just don't know what's gotten into you." I watch as he walks towards his desk at the front of the room.

       "Do you think these things didn't happen at Beauxbatons?"

       He keeps his back facing me. "That was an all girls school."

                          I try my best not to laugh. "And?"

      My father quickly turns my way surprised. He gets lost in thought for a moment, then can't help but laugh along with me.

           "I suppose I like the idea of that better than you snogging with Slytherin boys."

       The room goes quiet. I bite my lip hard but eventually I crack. He walks back over to me, still with a small grin on his face, and pulls me in for a hug.

             "I'm still disappointed in you." He goes back to his normal tone.

                   I sigh but nod. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again."

        "For your punishment I'm going to need you to help me demonstrate in class Monday."

        I pull away from his arms and shoot him a glare. The one thing I have been dreading is helping in his lessons. Not only is it awkward, but completely embarrassing.

        "I have to go to a meeting," My father looks up at the clock. His eyes fall slightly and I feel my heart sink.

        A lot of people at Hogwarts dislike my dad. Sometimes it bothers me, sometimes it doesn't. The other day I had someone say to me, "If only you knew the real him." The sad part is I know him better than anyone else in the world. Which is why it pains me to see him caught up in a life he would kill to leave behind.

Draco's POV

       The Dark Lord called a meeting at Malfoy Manor this morning. After last night I was hoping for an excuse to leave Hogwarts, but I'm not sure this is what I was looking for.

         The image of Alexis kissing Nott has been replaying in my mind for hours. I didn't sleep in fear of having a dream where it was more than just a kiss.

       He didn't even appreciate her lips. I mean he might've enjoyed the attention at the time, but him and Greengrass disappeared up to the dorms only a few minutes after. If it were me, I would have embraced every little part.

               But it wasn't me.

       As I'm making my way down the hall I pass the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. Unintentionally, I peek inside.

       Right as I do so the door opens. I hide behind the nearest wall and watch as Professor Snape exits to makes his way towards the front of the school. I begin to follow but Alexis and I crash into one another.

      "Oh, I'm sorry!" She jumps backward. After brushing herself off our eyes meet. Her expression changes when she realizes it's me.

      She looks a mess. Not in a bad way, it's just obvious that she's drained.

       We stand in the hallway staring at each other for what feels like a century. Eventually, she shoots me a filthy glare and starts walking away.

                   "You look terrible." I chuckle.

       Alexis stops in her tracks and spins around. "So do you, but that's nothing new."

       I could make a rude comment back but I don't. Even though she has completely pissed me off in the last 24 hours, I stay quiet.

       Instead I pull the green apple that was supposed to be my breakfast from my pocket and toss it her way.

               "Make sure to drink some water as well."