Chapter 33

Draco's POV

      The first few weeks back at school didn't go as bad as I imagined. The stares lasted about a week but once Quidditch started back up, everyone got distracted.

       Speaking of Quidditch, it's Friday. This time I really wasn't planning on playing this year, but Alexis is making me. I say that but I always get excited before a game.

      Even if I didn't play very well last year, I still had fun. It's kind of how Alexis and I's relationship began. Now though, she doesn't have to steal my jersey.

           When I gave it to her the morning before our first game her eyes lit up.

                 "Who are you playing against today?"

        I look away from my potions textbook and see Alexis taking notes.

                        "Gryffindor." I mumble.

       She laughs to herself. "What are you going to do now that you don't have Harry to chase around?"

       I shoot her a glare. Still, she stares down at her book. The amount of notes taken in it makes me uneasy.

          "I need to buy you a new one of those." I say while pointing down.

        Finally, Alexis looks up at me. "I like this one, thank you very much."

       I roll my eyes dramatically and rest my head on my hand, still watching her.

              "Are you going to wear my jersey tonight?" I ask.

     She smiles. "Of course, just like always."

        Class starts and everyone turns their attention to Slughorn but I can't take my eyes off of her. She's completely focused on what he's saying and doesn't notice.

     We've been together for quite some time now, which is wild to think about. I feel like I haven't been a "boyfriend" to her like I should be.

      The difference between Alexis and most girls is that most girls would complain I'm not doing enough, which would make me not want to do anything at all. But she seems to enjoy every moment we are together.

                      She makes it easy to love her.

~~~

        Classes are over for the day which means it's time for the game. Normally, I get ready and head down to the field as soon as possible.

       Today Professor McGonagall has asked everyone to meet in the great hall beforehand.

        After putting on my Quidditch gear I meet up with everyone at the Slytherin table. All of the boys are already in their uniforms as well.

                "Ready for the game?" Zabini nudges my shoulder.

       Before I can answer something catches my eye. Alexis and Luna enter the great hall side by side and move in the direction of our table.

       I feel a smile form on my face when I see the green jersey with my last name on the back.

            "She wears it every game and you still stare?" Luna scoffs.

        Alexis elbows her in the stomach aggressively and I snap back to reality. The two girls take a seat in their usual spot and wait for McGonagall to speak.