A New Todoroki

"What do I do?"

Shotos POV

I was in shock. My hands were shaking. It was all a cruel reality.

"Calm down Icy Hot. All you can do now is go to the hospital and wait." Katsuki seemed calm, but you can hear the sadness in his voice.

"Wait?" I chuckled, now I was getting mad. I don't know for what reason, but I just couldn't help it.
"For how long Katsuki?!" I turned to look at him tears uncontrollably running down my face. Tears of sadness, anger, of being worried.

"WELL YOU COULD EITHER GO BE WITH YOUR FAMILY OR KEEP SITTING HERE WHINING." Katsuki yelled back.
"just go be with your family for fuck sakes." After that Katsuki walked away. Even though he was yelling, I know he meant well. I sighed, wiped away my tears and ran to the hospital in my now dirty hero costume, its a good thing I have an extra pair of clothes at the hospital.

After I got back to the hospital. I was met with Deku in the waiting room.

"O-oh, Shoto!" He nervously stood up with with sweat dropping from the side of his face.

"Have you heard anything about (y/n)?" I ignored his greeting and got straight to the point.

"Um n-no. I'm sorry. " Midoriya looked down with sadness covering his face as I sighed.

"Is Shoto Todoroki here?" I heard the nurse call from the door that led to the hospital rooms.

"Yes right here" I immediately walked over to the short lady as she pulled me into the back rooms to start taking to me.

"Alright,  the good news is that your baby is healthy and safe. The bad news is that your wife is currently in ICU. It seems that the birth was very rough on her, almost killing her from the inside. " The nurse sadly looked down. A lot of people seemed to be doing that today.

My eyes once again were getting watery.

"Do you know when I'll be able to see her again?" My voice was cracky, I couldn't even hide my sadness if I tried.

"Unfortunately that's hard to tell at the moment. But you can see your daughter if you'd like, maybe give her a name as well." The nurse smiled at me.

"Yes. Yes I would love to see my daughter." I smiled to myself, she would be the only piece of (y/n) I have right now, but at the same time, it didn't feel right holding her without (y/n) at my side.

"Alright, right this way."

After a few hallways over, the nurse led me into a room with a little baby girl wrapped in a small blanket, and she also had a small pink hat on making her look adorable.

"Here you go." The nurse handed me the baby girl with a smile.

As soon as I held her I already started seeing (y/n)'s features in her. She had her nose and her ears, and she had small streaks of white hair barely showing through her small hat. At the sight of fully seeing my child for the first time a single tear came down my face without me even knowing, and at the moment I made a promise to myself and the little girl, that I would protect  her no matter what the cost, even if my life was ever on the line, I would put her first before anyone and anything.

"Mr. Todoroki?" I was interrupted from my thoughts when the nurse tapped me on the shoulder.

"Oh I apologize, yes?"

"Haha no need to apologize, I was just going to ask what you'd like to name her?" I looked down at the sleeping baby in my arms.

"Hm a name." I thought for a moment.