𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦'𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

"living day to day, weeks become the same. everything's a blur."
- almost home, mxmtoon

Ranboo's POV

It was just another day. I had to get out of bed, take minutes in court and return to my lovely home. That was it, that was always it, and I despised it. 

There was never any action or excitement or fun in my days, it was all just boring government stuff. I barely understood it, and yet I was always ordered to go and take notes, even if their language was barely understandable to me. I didn't want to face Dream's wrath because of my lack of presence all of a sudden so I continued to go, even if it went against what my heart was telling me to do. 

Ever since Tommy left, it had never been the same. Everyone acted okay, but I could always tell that they were upset, especially Tubbo. He would only leave his house if it was necessary, and every time he did, he looked devastated. I tried to help him, I really did, but when one's heart is broken that badly, time is the only medicine.

Ranboo, you need to get up, you can't wanna be late when Dream's in court.

I heaved myself away from the comfort of my bed and strode towards my cupboard on the other side of the room. Whilst rubbing my eyes, I failed to see the messy array of clothing scattered across my floorboards, causing me to trip and stumble over top of them all. I fell against my cupboard doors with a groan and pushed myself away, opening them in the process. I blindly picked one of my identical suits out and threw it on my bed, my arms coming to rest at my sides heavily.

I reached up and took my crown off the top of the cupboard, carefully picking it up with all of its glory. Its golden material and jewelled details shimmered in the little sunlight that shone through the curtains, the beams of light changing colours as soon as it hit the expensive materials and bounced around the room in a frenzy every time it moved. It was a gift from my brother, who had a spare one crafted when he made his. He said that we shared a special bond, Techno and I, and that those crowns would keep us together no matter how far apart we were. I wasn't sure if I wanted that anymore, so I placed it back on the shelf, like I had done for weeks.

My eyes flickered over to the hand-crafted bracelet that slightly slid down my wrist as I reached up, its mixed colours weaving in-between each other as it circled my skin. Its string was loose and frail, the faded pigments having faded over time. It was also a gift, a gift from someone lost long ago. My sister, the one I loved so dearly, gone as nothing but a memory. 

Cut it out, stop getting distracted. You'll be late.

I tried to push the thoughts away as I got ready for the day in a hurry but they stayed in their place, feet planted into the insides of my brain. One thought kept looming over me like a raincloud on a depressing day, like a shadow to it's host: I should never have left, I should have stayed. Maybe then she would be okay.