𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐒𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

"so I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war, if you can tell me something worth fighting for."
- a rush of cold blood to the head, coldplay

Ranboo, Quackity, Ghostbur and I were sitting silently in front of Niki's bakery. We had an array of baked goods sitting at our table, right under our noses, yet no one dared to eat anything. No one had an appetite - that was lost long ago.

I was staring out at the sea, watching the waves rise up and crash down violently before rolling up the shore line, eating up all the sand on the beach. I wished I could have run along the shore without a worry in the world, but too much had happened now for that to be possible. 

I wanted to feel the cold ocean water on my feet. I wanted to feel the sand mush between my toes. I wanted to feel the wind blow through my hair. I wanted to feel, even if it was for the last time. 

"We can't just sit here forever you know." Ranboo muttered, pulling my focus away from the sea. He was looking at me with dread-filled eyes, a frown present on his face.

"Where else can I go, Ranboo? Maybe I should hand myself in, I'm just a burden anyways." I suggested, pulling my hands up to the wooden table and placing my head in them. I hated to admit it, but the bad thoughts in my mind had been getting to me recently. They had stopped months ago, when I met Tommy, but they had come back again once he had left.

"Are you kidding me? What's happened to the persevering Khione that I once knew? You can't give up that easily." Quackity exclaimed, looking at me with worry. I could feel everyone's concern for me at the table, it was sitting in the air.

"You're not a burden, and you never will be. Sister, you're a pleasure to have around, I don't know why you would think any differently." Ghostbur boasted with a smile.

I picked up on his slip-up. "Sister?" I questioned, looking at him for confirmation. He'd never called me his sister before, as he wanted to have little to no relation to his living counterpart, Wilbur.

He weakly nodded in response. "Sister. Not half-sister, but sister." He repeated. He stuck out his hand, laying it flat on the table, motioning me to place mine in his. I gladly did, looking up at him from the other side of the table. Quackity and Ranboo were sharing a look from both sides of me, as they were situated across from each other.

"Look, I hate to interrupt this very wholesome moment you two are sharing," Quackity started with a smirk," but I have an excellent idea."

We all looked at him and beckoned him to continue.

He bent across the table and leant his head close to ours. "I have a secret drug lab not too far from here, that no one but Schlatt once knew about. It's underground, so they can't possibly find Khione there. So, we can hide her down there, maybe with you Ranboo for some company, and then we can continue on with our lives. For now." He whispered, occasionally looking around for any eavesdroppers.

All three of us nodded in agreement and grinned excitedly, happy I was going to be safely hidden away. With that all sorted, the three boys started eating their meals, suddenly regaining their appetite, whilst I sat still and watched them enjoy their food.

"I have a proposition to make." I announced, staring at Quackity in particular. He glanced up from his meal and looked at me surprisingly, wanting me to continue. "I will go and stay in your drug base, but only after I go and find Tommy."

Everyone gasped and placed their food back down, staring at me intently. I watched as the cogs in their minds started turning, trying to figure out a reasonable and rational response.

"It'll be too dangerous, Khione." Ranboo began, pointing his fork in my direction.

"I'm a grown lady, I'm sure I can handle it. Technoblade's here anyway, so how dangerous can it be?" I retorted, crossing my arms with a huff.

"What if you get caught? What if Techno is home?" Ranboo argued back, staring me down.

"I need to see him, Ran, you don't understand." I shouted, silencing the table. I could feel the ice at the tips of my fingers, threatening to fire out and damage the area. I looked down and saw the paleness of my fingers, before shoving them down by my legs before anyone could notice.

"I understand." Quackity whispered, looking up at me from beneath his fringe.

"You couldn't possibly." I muttered, anger showing in my eyes. "I haven't seen him in weeks, Quackity, weeks! He saved me, he came and saved me when none of you would! I wouldn't be here without him, so if he's in any danger, then I'm the one that should save him. It's only fair."

I was standing now, screaming my heart out at my brothers in front of me. My chair was on the floor and my hands were placed on the table firmly. I looked down at my hands and saw the ice that surrounded them, almost reaching the boys' meals on wooden furniture. Niki was watching in shock at the doorway, slowly backing inside to safety. My breathing was irregular and my legs were shaking, threatening to collapse underneath me. 

"Khione, calm down. We can go save Tommy, but you're not coming." Ranboo muttered reassuringly, standing up and towering over me. "I'm not going to put my sister in that much danger, I can't lose you."

Quackity was standing up now too, meeting my height. Ghostbur was watching from his seat, looking up at us triplets worriedly.

"You and Ranboo are to stay in my base until I return, is that clear? I will bring Tommy back and then you can see him." Quackity reasoned, looking at me sternly. I merely nodded, looking down at my hands and their destruction. Quackity lifted my head back up, before pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'll come too! I want to see Tommy!" Ghostbur shouted excitedly, grinning at the now scowling Quackity. I lifted up my hands and brushed the ice away before rubbing Quackity's shoulder calmly.

"Please, take him, he's just excited. It will be good for you." I pleaded, holding his eye-contact.

"Only for you, sister." Quackity bowed before laughing, leaning on me for balance. I looked back at Ranboo to see him smiling warmly at me, before nudging Quackity with his elbow. 

"So, where's this drug den of yours?"

1170 words