𝐢𝐱. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

"in the darkness of one, am I what's left?"
- spitting off the edge of the world, yeah yeah yeahs

"Are you awake?" A person in front of me hesitantly asked, sneakily approaching my tired body. My breath hitched in my throat as I recognized the voice. Was he here or was I just dreaming?

I speedily opened my eyes wide, blinking rapidly to regain my clear eyesight. Through my blurry pupils, I could see the silhouette of a boy, a tall boy, towering over my drained figure.

Tommy. He was actually there. I couldn't believe it.

Everything became clear as I sat up whilst shaking my head back into reality. My legs had gone pale from the snow, paler than they usually were, but the rest of my body had still managed to maintain its fair colour. Agny was asleep behind me with soft snores escaping her mouth, providing a sense of comfort and peace into the still, forest air. Tommy hadn't removed his eyes from mine since they'd met them and he made the confusion present in both of his irises very evident, seeking answers for my actions.

"Why are you here?" He questioned softly, tilting his head to the side as if he was examining my features. I didn't expect him to speak again, as I still thought it was all a dream, but he was actually there. He was right in front of me, for the second time that week, and yet I still couldn't believe it.

"To see you." I responded nonchalantly, watching as a giant smile spread across the bottom half of his face. Both of our cheeks tinted red the moment the words left my mouth, cringe taking over my brain at the way I worded the short sentence. He didn't seem fazed, however, only becoming more overjoyed to see me once more. That brought an identical smile of his to find its way onto my lips, turning the edges of their pink exterior upwards.

"And you fell asleep?" He joked, making his way beside me to lean against my heavily breathing horse. My eyes followed his figure until it was squatting in the snow next to me, his eyes doing the exact same.

"I didn't fall asleep, I was just relaxing." I defended, throwing my arms around in wild gestures to help prove my point. He watched with a raised eyebrow before sighing melodramatically with a gentle shake of his head. I didn't fail to catch the glimpse of a smile that he failed to hide, however, causing a smirk to take over mine.

"Mhm, that's what they all say." He breathed out, reaching to his right to find a stick to fiddle with.

"What do you mean that's what they all say?" I confusingly asked, looking over at the small stick he had managed to grab. He looked up at the sky with squinted eyes as if he didn't hear what I had been asking, pretending to ignore me to irritate me further. Although, before he glanced upwards, he failed to see my mischievous expression, and I snatched the wooden twig from his grasp.