𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐏𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

"screaming, crying, perfect storms. I can make all the tables turn."
- blank space, taylor swift

"And that," Tommy ended with a sniff, "is what happened."

I tried to get a grip on what the damaged boy in front of me had explained but I couldn't. It was my own brother he was talking about, and he had done this. He had hurt the poor soul for no reason at all without contrition. It was a heinous crime - unforgivable and horrifying. 

How could he do such a thing, Khione? He's your brother, you're in the same bloodline. He's gonna turn into Mother, I can feel it.

"Can you lift up your shirt please Tommy? Only a little bit, I wanna see what that bastard did to you." Quackity asked softly, although anger began seeping through his voice at the end. He had stopped his aggressive pacing only minutes before Tommy finished his story, but his fists were still tightly squeezed by his sides. It was clear that everyone in the room was angry at the man they called their brother - except for Tommy - but Quackity was the most annoyed of them all. Ever since I had arrived at L'manburg he had made it known to everyone that he despised Techno and all that he stood for, hiding the reason from not only me but the rest of society. 

Tenderly, Tommy lifted up the bottom hem of his shirt to reveal his pale skin underneath. He looked away with discomfort as the faded bruise was uncovered from under his clothing, a huge dark patch of his skin at the side of his ribs showing how much pain the older sibling had caused the boy to feel. I couldn't stop the sob from escaping my mouth as I stared at the sight of the massive bruise. Pushing myself through the other boys who were suddenly distracted by the injury, I quickly ran around the bench to pull the broken boy into a hug. 

He let his shirt drop back down his body as he threw his arms around me and grasped my cape, sobbing loudly into the shoulder of the fabric. I ran my fingers through his hair comfortingly and brushed away the stray tears from my eyes that landed there, focusing all of my attention onto him in the moment.

"I didn't think I was gonna make it," he sobbed into my cape with his now raspy voice, "I thought I was gonna die. He was gonna kill me. He was gonna kill me."

I scrunched up my nose and eyes as I pressed my lips into his soft hair, trying to stop my own sobs from escaping. My grasp on him only tightened as he began to hiccup and shake and quiver with fear. He needed all he could get in that moment, and I knew that, so I was going to give it to him. 

"Khione, there's something else we need to tell you." Quackity spoke up again, placing his small hand on the upper half of my back cautiously. I glanced up from the still crying boy to my brother with stern eyes, questioning him with a raise of an eyebrow.