𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐌𝐚𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐌𝐏

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

"I watch the fathers with their little girls, and wonder what I did to deserve this."
- family line, conan gray.

Rain. 

Pouring rain. 

Rain was drizzling down the exterior walls of the castle, restricting me to the inside life. I knew I wouldn't be able to go outside that day, I knew I wouldn't be able to see Tommy that day and I knew he wouldn't be able to see me either. Even from the cellar I called my room I could hear the rain up above me, due to its reckless and heavy pounding on the earth overhead. 

It'll be fine Khione, the rain will clear up soon.

Large droplets pummeling against the roof echoed down the tunnel, overpowering my normally heard footsteps. I couldn't tell if Mother had left yet, or if she was even going to leave, but I had a feeling she always would no matter what the situation was. I couldn't blame her, the isolation that came with living in the palace really messed with our brains.

The air had grown dense with the amount of rain in the area, which was unusual because of the cold winter climate. The heat from the lantern was the only source of warmth throughout the tunnel so I held it away from myself as much as possible. I wanted to embrace the below freezing weather before it all disappeared and the sun took over the stormy clouds, slightly warming up the forest area. The heaviness of the rain made it clear that it wouldn't be clearing up anytime soon, so leaving the castle was an idea I immediately scrapped.

꧁𖣔•❄︎•𖣔꧂

"Mother!" I yelled out, my voice bouncing off the surrounding walls of the front entrance, echoing down the halls. I needed to know if she was there or not, in case I made a silly mistake. I stood there for a few minutes, patiently waiting for a response but when none came, I got started straight away.

It's just like the old days Khione, the whole place to yourself.

I was alone with nothing to do except labour, and no one could keep me company like Tommy had been doing for the previous week. I came to realise how much I had missed having somebody's presence constantly around, as Mother was never home. Even having just one day without him there made me longing to see him. 

The chores on the list that day were simple: dusting the tabletops and organising the storage room. 

The storage room. I had never been allowed to go in the infamous room, due to Mother's banning and strict rules, but I always walked past it whenever I was doing other household activities. My body buzzed with overwhelming excitement as my brain took in the newfound information, already jumping to conclusions and new ideas.