𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

"and as the Earth runs to the ground, oh girl, it's you I lie with."
- as the world caves in, matt maltese

Dream left. He destroyed the nation. It was all gone.

I had passed out as soon as I knew all of the monsters had been defeated, leading to Tommy running straight towards my lifeless body. I was unconscious at the time, completely drained from my usage of powers, so I didn't flinch when he wrapped his arms around me and hoisted me up, carrying me bridal style to safety. He knew it wasn't safe for me to stay out in the open like I was, as did everyone else, so they steered out of the road and let Tommy take me away.

I stirred awake when he finally sat me down and placed my head gently into his lap. My eyes fluttered open, immediately catching onto his concerned ocean ones, sending him a soft smile. His face was twisted into a look of utter worry, cradling my pounding head in his warm hands whilst analysing my features. He was looking for any signs of pain or distress, which he failed to find, until I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned to try and get rid of my battering headache.

"Are you okay Khione, you passed out." Tommy whispered softly, his voice coated with concern. I nodded at the troubled boy with a slight struggle before lifting my head up from his lap, leaning back on my hands for stability. I blinked continuously to adjust my eyes to the harsh change in light and scanned the horizon, taking in my surroundings. I recognized the spot instantly, looking back at the teenager behind me with a grin. It was his spot. Our spot. The grin that was spread across my cheeks disappeared as soon as it came, replaced with a trembling frown and slightly squinted eyes.

The once beautiful town of L'Manburg was nothing but a pile of rubble, smoking in the gloominess of the sunset. The coloured banners and bright lanterns that were once wrapped around the wooden buildings were replaced with mounds of dirt, rock and ash, the clear skies now filled with dust and plumes of vapour. It reminded me of the previous events that I had forgotten about as soon as my eyes had met the blonde's, distracting me from my broken heart and guilty mind. 

"You had no choice, you did what you had to do." Tommy reassured me, somehow reading my mind on the sensitive subject. I merely nodded in response, yet to speak since the traumatising events went down. I knew there was no other way out of the situation I had forced myself into, and how I did what anyone would have done if they were in my shoes, but that didn't kill the waves of guilt that flooded my mind. I tried to tell myself that I did the right thing, the logical thing, but I just couldn't believe myself. I felt like a monster.

The only thing that drew me out of my hurricane of thoughts was Tommy's fast and aggressive pacing behind me, him no longer being seated on the soft grass but instead vigorously treading the cliffside. I scrambled to my feet and walked over to the shaking teenager, placing a soft hand on his shoulder and pulling him away from the edge subtly.