𝐱𝐢. 𝐓𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐞𝐭

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

✩᯽☾︎❄︎☽︎᯽✩

"they used to shout my name, now they whisper it."
- yellow flicker beat, lorde

Technoblade's POV

"Sugar. Spider eye. Brown mushroom." I muttered the list of ingredients to myself as I slowly placed them into the brewing stand in front of me, giving the mixture a little stir with each addition. I watched the substance I had created begin to change colours, the swirls of brown and red blending together to form an ashy grey colour. I admired it through my glasses' lenses, adjusting their placement on my nose.

I needed to create as many potions as I could to use as protection against the L'Manburg government, the most recently arranged one. They had already stolen most of my best items, the ones I held closest to my heart, and they did so with no remorse. I couldn't even start to imagine what other sneaky tricks they hid up their sleeves and didn't particularly want to find out, so keeping safe and defensive became my top priority.

Once the magical drinks were done, I slowly pulled them out of their holders, carefully keeping a tight grip on their fragile exterior. I would have rathered not to spend the rest of the afternoon picking up individual glass shards that had spread across the basement floor, I had more important issues to attend to.

I cautiously stored them away in one of the assigned chests on the back wall, hiding them from any onlookers' sight. I didn't want anyone, especially Tommy, to find out where I kept all of the drinks as they would disappear within seconds, so I kept it a much needed secret. I didn't want a crazed Tommy running around the house like the maniac he already was, but on a much worse level.

Letting myself sit on the stone cold bench, I sighed, letting my mind lose into the world. I thought about all kinds of things, branching from my problems to old and friendly memories, until eventually I thought about all of the times I had run away.

I had run away multiple times, in multiple different places. The first time I ran away was at the age of five, alone, so I could learn how to fend for myself. That was short, only lasting around a week, as Phil had found me in the cave I had inhabited. He was angry to say the least, but that only lasted for a few hours. He was beyond proud of my efforts, as I had taught myself how to survive in the wilderness alone at an exceptionally young age.

The second time I ran away was when I was eighteen, but that time I didn't class it as running away, I classed it as moving away. I left my childhood house with my brothers, Wilbur, Quackity and Ranboo, to start a new life in the city. I didn't want to leave, really, as I had grown too attached to the neighbourhood, but I thought that it was the right thing to do. How wrong I was.

Weeks later, Phil, or Father, 'moved to the city' as well, to help us with our adulthood problems. I never saw him around the city, however, but just blamed it on my lack of social appearances. That was the worst decision he could have ever possibly made, not that I liked to blame him for it. It was everybody's fault. When we all moved, we left Khione alone with Mother, and Mother was not the nicest of people. Her genes really had an affect on me, a really big affect on me.