For a Reason ☾ 7-12

DRACO'S POV ☾

It had only been a few minutes, but I was now thrashing against the harsh grip of the Death Eaters behind me. I had almost broken free, so now I had one gripping each arm behind my back. I grunted as they jerked me backward. Hermione was pressed against the wall with a wand to her neck, and Aurora was on the floor, Bellatrix standing on her wrists and crouching over her. She had been slapped a few times, but each time the girl I loved fought back in whatever way she could. In any other circumstance I would have been proud.

"That sword is meant to be in my vault at Gringotts. How did you get it?" Bellatrix hissed, her face pressed close. I struggled against the grip of my captors.

"Leave her alone!" I yelled. Bellatrix flicked her wand effortlessly and cast a silencing charm. I opened my mouth, but nothing came out. I felt powerless. Aurora cried out in pain as Bellatrix pressed down on her wrists.

"What did you and your friends take from my vault?!" Bellatrix screamed. Aurora still refused to answer. She snarled in Bellatrix's face, only making the witch angrier.

"We didn't take anything." Aurora growled. Bellatrix narrowed her eyes and brought out a dagger she'd hidden in her boot, and my eyes widened. No! No!

"I don't believe you." She replied shortly, before ripping up Aurora's sleeve and beginning to carve. Her screams echoed off the walls of the large room, and I slumped between the Death Eaters. I had heard that scream far too many times. It pierced my ears and scarred my heart, and the sound of her pain was almost as excruciating as the pain itself. She cried out, a single tear streaming down her face.

"Stop it! Stop it, please!" Hermione screamed from her position against the wall. The death eater beside her pressed his wand deeper into her neck, drawing blood. Aurora continued to scream, and I could do nothing. I was useless.

-

Bellatrix had now brought a goblin from the cellar, one whom I recognized to be Griphook, of Gringotts Bank. I continued to struggle against those holding me, but they kept their grip tight, forcing me to continue staring at Aurora's bloodied body on the ground. Her scarred hands and limbs were motionless, but her eyelids fluttered every so often, and I let loose a tight breath each time she moved even an inch.

"I am only going to ask you once more, goblin. Think very, very carefully before you answer." Bellatrix hissed.

"I don't know." Griphook answered for the hundredth time.

"You don't know? Why weren't you doing your job? Who got into my vault? Who stole it? Who? Well?"

"When I was last in your vault, the sword was there." The goblin answered simply. My attention was ripped away as Aurora opened her eyes. She blinked once before looking toward me. I could have fallen to my knees with that one look. Another single tear fell from the corner of her eye, but she mustered a small smile and I could have sobbed. Along with the many worded scars she received from Umbridge, her arm was again ripped open, this time deeper and larger than ever before. Bellatrix had taken her dagger, and brutally carved a single word. Half-breed.

"Oh, well, perhaps it just walked out on it's own, then." Bellatrix remarked.

"There is no place safer than Gringotts." Griphook stated.

"Liar!" Bellatrix screamed, slashing her dagger across the goblin's face. He barely flinched as he bared his sharp teeth. She spat as his feet. "Consider yourself lucky, goblin. The same won't be said for this one." She approached Aurora, and I thrashed once more against the Death Eater's holding me. Hermione had been knocked unconscious after she screamed along with Aurora, traumatized by the sight we were forced to watch. I narrowed my eyes.