Christmas Day ☾ 5-10

Groaning, I sat on my bed and removed the heels from my aching feet. The party was far too long for my liking. I mean, I've been to parties before but none like this. We had spent almost the entire thing explaining our relationship to snooty purebloods, none of which seemed to approve. Lucius eventually got fed up and ushered the small crowd away, but at that point the damage had been done. We only got to dance once, and I frowned. At least tomorrow was Christmas, and we could spend the entire day in our pyjamas and enjoying the holiday.

Softly, a few strings of piano music echoed throughout the corridors of the house. Lucius, Narcissa, and my parents had long since retired to their respective rooms, and it seemed all the guests had left hours before. I stood in my dress, the red fabric swooshing quietly against the bedsheets as I straightened any wrinkles that had miraculously appeared. Curious, I opened the door and followed the music through the halls. Opening the large doors into the parlour, I found Draco sitting at the large grand piano, centred in the large room. He kept his eyes down, never looking up from the music. His trance was ethereal, never taking a glance as I stepped toward him to watch his fingers dance delicately over the ivory. I quietly sat next to him on the piano bench, content to listen to the music. The sound drifted through the halls, filling the house with emotion. I slowly placed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, immersing myself into the melody.

I felt him shift underneath me, and the music continued dramatically. I opened my eyes to find him watching me, a small smile on his lips. The piano was now playing by itself, and I watched as the keys pressed themselves. Slowly, Draco stood up, pocketed his wand, and offered me a hand. Smiling, I took it and he swept me into a graceful dance, his hands pressing me close. I laid my head on his chest, listening to the steady heartbeat in sync with the beautiful music. We danced in silence, the tune echoing into the night. The stars shone beautifully through the windows as we swayed to the powerful ballad.

-

The sunlight streamed through the window and decided to shine directly into my slowly opening eyes. Squinting, I used my hand to shield my eyes and look around. My eyes widened when I realized I wasn't in my room. The arm pulling me back down to the bed realized it too. Draco was still half asleep as he tugged on my wrist to lie down again. I was still in my dress, in Draco's bed. Leaning against his chest, I vaguely remembered last night. The stars, the music, and the feeling of Draco pressed up against me as we danced. He had been so sleepy after that, that when I went to put him to bed before he fell asleep standing up, he just wrapped his arms around me and went to sleep. He was still wearing his suit too, and I poked his arm to let me sit up again.

"Mm." He grunted, frowning a bit. I huffed and tried to pry his arm off me, but his strength overpowered me and just held on tighter.

"Draco, it's morning. I have to go change before someone finds us." He frowned with his eyes closed, keeping both of his arms securely around my waist and shoulders. "It's Christmas, Draco. And I need to shower."

"Ugh, fine." He opened his eyes and sat up slowly, looking down at me in his bed. I don't doubt that I looked a bit of a mess, hair disheveled, dress wrinkled, makeup smudged. He still looked at me like I was the only girl in the world. "But you owe me another morning." I raised my eyebrows and he smirked, taking off his suit jacket.

"Fine." I smiled and shook my head, before leaving to my room for a shower.

-

Both having switched clothes, Draco and I sat quietly on one of the couches in the parlour. The Christmas tree loomed above us, and I was lying with my head in his lap, reading a book. He sat there silently, playing with my hair while we waited for our parents. The presents underneath the tree were towering, and I was having a very difficult time distracting myself so I didn't dive headfirst into the pile of gifts.