Crucio ☾ 5-13

"Harry, are you sure?" Hermione's worried voice echoed throughout the large cavernous room as we climbed the moving staircases. The five of us were running full speed, following Harry through the castle.

"I saw it. It's just like with Mr. Weasley. It's the same door I've been dreaming about for months, only I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before. Sirius said Voldemort was after something. Something he didn't have the last time, and it's in the Department of Mysteries." My eyes widened and Draco blew out a breath.

"Harry, please just listen." Hermione's concern was evident in her voice, and I'm sure the rest of ours were the same. "What if Voldemort meant for you to see this? What if he's only hurting Sirius because he's trying to get to you?" I frowned. I didn't like where any of this was going, and I had no way to contact any of the other Order members. They likely already knew, but still.

"Well what if he is? I'm supposed to just let him die? Hermione, he's the only family I've got left!" We all turned to look at each other.

"Well, what do we do?" Draco asked, determination replacing the concern in his voice.

"We'll have to use the floo network." I answered, Harry giving me a confirming nod. As the staircase set in place, we raced off again.

"But Umbridge has all of the chimneys under surveillance..." Hermione frowned.

"Not all of them!"

-

After changing out of our robes, we snuck into the defence classroom and into Umbridge's office.

"Alohomora."

The constant mewing of the kittens filled my ears and I cringed. The sound only reminded me of the scars enveloping my once smooth hands. Harry raced over to Umbridge's fireplace, throwing in a handful of powder and setting off the green flame.

"Alert the Order if you can." Harry instructed, turning to us.

"Are you mental?" I asked, anger filling my voice.

"We're going with you." Ron said, giving me an assuring nod. I nodded back, before turning to Harry.

"It's too dangerous!" He shot back, staring into the fireplace. Hermione crouched beside him and put a hand on his arm.

"When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together."

"She's right, mate." Draco said, nodding.

"That you are." Umbridge's shrill voice filled the office as we all slowly turned around. I cringed at the situation. This would not be fun. Crabbe strode into the room, a struggling Neville being pushed in front.

"Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." He spat their last name, and I heard Ron give a snarl before Hermione grabbed his elbow. Neville was pushed into the back with the rest of us, the inquisitorial squad now holding each of us back like prisoners. Harry was brought around the desk to sit in the chair. A dishevelled Umbridge stood before him, trying her best to intimidate him in her dirty pink frock.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" She said sweetly.

"No." Harry's answer was quick, and truthful. However, Umbridge did not see it this way as she slapped him across the face. He shrunk back into his chair. A new voice cut through the room as we all turned toward the door.

"You sent for me, Headmistress?" Snape stood at the door, his usual black robes flowing ominously behind him. I frowned. He was supposed to be part of the Order, but it sometimes seemed as if he was not. I tried to be optimistic, but he made it quite difficult.